Sunday letter blog
Family Motto
“Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.”
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an
opportunity & a privilege.”
September
24, 2017
Dear
Family,
I
hardly know where to start. So much has happened the last couple of
days that is important. So
I guess I will begin with the one that is in my heart above all the
others.
I
received this text message from my cousin, Pamela, late this
afternoon: “ Dad died peacefully this afternoon. He received a
blessing of love from his bishop last week and a visit of love from a
former bishop this afternoon. It has been a reverent experience.
Funeral Friday. “
This
is my reply: “Thank you so very much for letting us know about
Uncle John's passing. I'm glad we got to see him a few weeks ago and
I'm also happy that he is now peaceful and happy. We are planning on
coming down. Jerusha is going to bring us. Love you tons. God
bless you and help you as you carry on. Love, Rosalie.”
This
tells you the information but there is a story about my Uncle John
that you need to know (if you don't already). He has been my
favorite uncle since I was a little girl. He took me in a buggy at
top speed to my Grandmother Swenson's house in Pleasant Grove that
was just a few blocks from my Grandmother Fugal's home to visit her
since she was sick in bed. I heard lots of stories from her as I
snuggled right by her on her bed over the many times he took me
there.
He
was my foreman and teacher as I picked fruit in the orchards that
Grandma Fugal and the Fugal Brothers owned. He taught me so much
about being a good worker as well as being a kind employer who
expected top quality work in a way that we all wanted to do our best
for him.
When
I grew up to be of dating age and he was a college student he asked
me out to a BYU dance. Wow what a surprise. I was a Senior in High
School and here was my favorite tall, handsome uncle asking me to go
to a dance with him. I did and we had a wonderful time and, by the
way, all my girl friends were jealous (smile).
Over
the years he has touched my life in so many ways, always setting good
examples for me. He became a Religion Professor at BYU and was asked
to accompany a group from BYU sponsoring tours to the Book of Mormon
Lands in South America. We were able to go on one with him which was
another amazing thing to see him telling about Christ in that Area.
So
you can see why I love him so much and respect him above any man on
earth except the Prophets and my sweet husband.
___________________________________
Yesterday
turned out to be a big surprise day.
What was intended to be a work day outside with Josh Morton and
Grace and Patric Rawlings doing the work and Wendell and supervising,
turned out to be a simply fun day of Josh taking us out to dinner and
then coming home to visit and play together. A couple of things that
were really fun for me with Grace and Patric were: Grace asked me if
I played the piano. I said, “A little bit.” She asked, “Can
you show me where ''C” is?” So I showed her and told her the
names of all the keys. She brightened right up and said. “Now I
can learn to play the piano!” I asked her, “How do you know
about “C”? She replied, “I play the flute and all the music
has the name of the key to play.” Wow, we were both excited. Then
she surprised us with lying on her tummy and bringing her feet to
touch her head.
Josh
quietly figured out how to get our little wrist-held “walkie-talkie”
working for us. That was quite a trick. He also showed me some
things on my cell phone to help me use it more efficiently. He is my
“go to” man for that. His main concern was to make sure the
children were taken care of and that we all enjoyed our time
together. They were and we did. The time came too soon for me that
they had to head for home.
Much
more could be said, but I have rambled enough so I will turn my
computer over to Wendell for his “two cents worth.”
I
love you all more than ice cream, Grandma/Mom
GRANDPA'S
CORNER:
We
enjoy our family and spend what time we can. We are proud of them
and all they do for each other. We thank the Lord for having them
to spend time with us and each other. We hope you keep us in your
prayer. We have good heath and want to see an many of you as we can.
We are doing the best we can to help you and would like to see you
when you can visit us.
Grandma says: Here are a couple of pictures of our Peace Rose . Close up of one in full bloom. Then the three of them together showing how their color changes from mostly yellow to perfect pink with a little yellow and then to the light colors.
This is the first year that I have seen this happen and the rose bush has been right there for at least 10 years. Amazing to me.


Comments
Post a Comment