Sunday Blog Letter
Family Motto
“Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.”
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat /an
opportunity & a privilege.
Dear
Family, Today I just have a little story and a couple of thoughts.
STORY:
Grandpa & I had just walked in the door as we came home from a
sweet temple session. Grandpa sat on the edge of the bed
looking through his wallet. After a while he said, " I
can't find my temple recommend." We both looked everywhere
we could think of that it might be. No recommend. So I
called the temple and reported it missing. They said they would
check where ha had his locker and also watch for it to be turned in.
They would call if they found it. No call came.
We
prayed about it together and on our own but still no luck in finding
it or calling to check on it again at the temple all the next day.
We needed to have it for the sealing session we were going to
go to the following day. As we sat on the edge of the bed to
say our night prayers I happened to notice that Wendell's shoes
were parked under the dresser and the light was just right that it
illuminated the inside of them. You guessed it...THERE WAS HIS
RECOMMEND.
How
it got there, who knows. But our prayers were answered and we
enjoyed a beautiful sealing session the next day.
THOUGHTS:
In our Stake Conference President Wilding suggested that we go to the
old conference talks that we can find on our ipads to "Gospel
Library" and read the talks that date clear back to 1971. I
did so and found great comfort and suggestions for anyone who is a
"Caretaker" or has a relative who has any kind of memory
problems or other problems. I recommend it to all of you. The
talk was by President Benson and read by President Monson. It
is the October 1989 conference, Sat. Morning Session titled To the
Elderly in the Church.
Here
is a thought that came to me in parts over a few days as I prayed and
pondered. It has given me much help to meet my challenges:
"Faith is the Father of Finishing."
"Fear is the Founder of Failure."
This
next one came from Peggy Harford, one of out speakers today at
church. Quoting President Eyring, "The Family Organization
is the basic organization in heaven as well as on earth." Those
who are waiting for their temple work to be done so they can progress
as families rejoice when we do it for them. It is so important
that Joseph Smith received this information even before finishing the
translation of the Book of Mormon.
Love,
Grandma
- GRANDPA'S CORNER: We have had an a great time during the past period of time as you can see. We have had several things the last while which have made us to be busy with all the things we do. We have had several things happen to us, but we have been able to handle then with the help of the Lord. We love all of you and the things you do for us to be able to serve the Lord. We are happy a get the many things for us.

Cute picture, you two. Seems like I remember taking that one. Glad you love each other and are so happy together.
ReplyDelete