Family
Motto
Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an
opportunity & a privilege.
HAPPY
4TH OF JULY!
Dear
Family,
Grandpa remembered that today is the 4th of July. So he went out and put up the flag before we went to church.
I
remember well this date of 1954. I was at the parade with my parents
in Provo, Utah. Wendell was in California for Summer Camp for
military training. It was hot and I do mean HOT, 114% F. I am sure
that it is the day the news talks about now as being the hottest day
ever in Utah until this year. Debby was born 10 days later so you
might be able to imagine how glad I was to get back home where it was
cooler.
Remembering
our ancestors on this day was brought to our attention at Church
today in Sacrament meeting. It got me to thinking about our own
family histories. You all have the Big Brown Book that has many of
the stories in it. And you also have “Family Search” to go to to
read and see pictures of our ancestors. I hope you will take the
time to check some of them out today and be thankful for what they
did to make it possible for us to live in a time when The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is on the earth, for the freedoms
we have to be members of it, for the blessings it brings to us
through the baptism covenants and temple covenants we make. I hope
we all can live in such a way to leave such a legacy to our
descendants. This is my mother pointing to a picture of President McKay that she drew using charcoal. She drew pictures of all the Presidents of the church from President Joseph Smith to President Harold B. Lee. The only training to do this was a one week class of using charcoal to draw. Her pictures are in the Pleasant Grove Daughter of the Utah Pioneers building. You can go there to see them.
I
want to share with you some of the beauties of our garden:
Our
peach tree loaded with nice sized peaches, larger than usual, I think
because the wind thinned them out for us in a big way.
Nancy walking her dog past our peach tree. You can see that it is loaded.
A
huge Lilly that our daughters are responsible for us having because a
few years ago they sent us a pot of bulbous flowers every month for 5
months that could be planted after they had bloomed.
One
of our neighbors who is leaving for a mission in a couple of weeks.
He knows our garden very well. One day a few years ago right after
he started working for us he came in with this ring that he had found
when he was weeding by the fence next to the raspberries. It was
Wendell's wedding band that we had been searching for for a couple of
years.
“Jack
in the Pulpet” plant.
Josh
finishing up the “learning post” on the front of our house and
working on another one.
We
are so grateful for all of our blessings. Each one of you are a
special part of them and I love you with all of my heart. The gospel
is true. Heavenly Father, His Son, Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost
are true and have all power to help and teach us. I feel their help
every day. Much love, Grandma.
GRANDPA'S
CORNER: We have had many things to do this year. Our trees are doing
well and we
are
having good time eating, and giving away some of it. We have been
blessed with many things as we have some great friends living around
us. We enjoy visiting with you when you come to visit. We are still
doing things for the church and others. We have some great friends
in our area and some fine times with them. We are glade to have you
doing your work and are proud of all of you, keep busy and may the
Lord bless all of you. Grandpa.









Comments
Post a Comment