GIFTS OF LOVE
Family
Motto
Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an
opportunity & a privilege.
Dear
Family,
I
want to share with you some of my feelings about:
GIFTS
OF LOVE
Last
week, early in the morning when I was just waking up to fix
breakfast, I walked past the patio door/window and there on the
ground under the pine tree were three birds that I have never seen
before. I thought, “My goodness, what kind of bird is this?” as
they picked and picked on the ground to find something to eat. Then
I noticed two more up in tree. Then some more on the other side of
the tree. Actually there was a whole little flock of them.
I
went as quickly as my old legs could take me to the drawer in the bar
and got out my bird book. Soon I had them identified as Steller Blue
Jays. “Wow,” thought I, “I have always wanted to see a Steller
Blue Jay with their black 'cock' on top of their head. What a nice
gift for me to get up to see.” The rest of their body is much like
the Scrub Jays that we host all year round. Then in flew a couple of
Magpies, old friends from up on the mountain. They all had a fine
time looking for anything they could find to pick up with their long
beaks. “Thank you Heavenly Father for this sweet gift to me this
morning. I needed that,” I prayed.
After
a while I turned my attention to fixing breakfast, a carefully
followed instruction to get all my medications and supplements right.
When I looked back out the window again just few minutes later they
were ALL GONE. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. “Oh my,” I thought,
“They were only here for only that few minutes and had I not been
here right then I would have missed them. I think Heavenly Father
planned that gift very nicely.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later
in the day I was lying down in my bed looking around at the pictures
on the wall. They are all GIFTS GIVEN TO ME OVER THE YEARS. A
mirror with the Salt Lake Temple engraved on it, an ocean scene that
my brother, Al (Gordon) painted, an embroidered saying that Wendy
made which says, quoting Proverbs, “Her children rise up and call
her blessed.” Each of these special gifts touched my heart with
love, joy, thankfulness for our family as I began to think of the
treasures that are in the rest of the house given me from our sweet
family. I thought, “Our house has become a Family Museum.”
The
living room has Julie's incredible collage of our family that she
made for our 50th wedding anniversary behind the CD player
and my favorite quote from the scriptures by the door. There is the
Clock on the mantle that belonged to my great grandmother
Christensen, the painting of our cabin, the pictures of our parents
and my great grandfather, the family tree on the piano along with the
first formal family group picture that we had taken.
In
the kitchen there is a key holder that Peggy made when she was
little. In the blue bathroom is a picture of Grandma Fugal when
honored as Mother of the Year. All over the house – upstairs,
downstairs there are pictures or keepsakes that are family heirlooms.
So whenever anyone comes here they are coming to our FAMILY HISTORY
MUSEUM. To me they are all GIFTS OF LOVE.
UPDATE
ON GRANDPA AND GRANDMA: We are both doing better. (see pictures for
proof).
Rosalie by her 45 years in the making quilt. Jerusha and Rosalie with the flowers she gave her
Wendell in his Cougar cap playing a game.
Wendell in his Halloween hat.
Wendell holding the pumpkin that he told Julie when she asked him which one was his, "I don't know, but that one has BYU on it so it must be mine."Wendell after his hair cut that Tina gave him.


Wendell with his ??????
Wendell with the buckets he filled with Halloween candies.
Chris & Al when Al I Shirley came to visit.Grace and Shirley learning the "Roll Over."
They treated us to a yummy Idle Isle dinner & great visit.
Grace.Ali's Angels with Rosalie's quilt
Calvin, Dallin, Grandma Rosalie, Brock, Sarah, Quintin.
They brought a lovely dinner. The boys had fun playing downstairs and outside playing "Hide & Seek" with flashlights after dark.
Matt, Dallin, Brock, Sarah, Calvin, Quintin (in front) Pierce.








Comments
Post a Comment