December 3, 2017

Family Motto
Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
Be happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an opportunity & a privilege.

Hi Sweet Family,
Today is a special day. Heavenly Father provided me with an unexpected gift. When we got to church and Bishop Crowther announced that today is Fast and Testimony Meeting I couldn't believe it. My mind immediately said, “No way can I bear my testimony today.” But then I began thinking, “I know I need to. For my own good I need to. To thank the Lord for all His help and thank the ward for all their help.”
After the Sacrament was passed and the Bishop and two others had shared their testimonys I felt literally lifted off the bench, standing to wait for the microphone to be brought to me. In about one minute I shared my feelings as I watched the microphone in my hand shake like a leaf. As I sat down I thanked Heavenly Father for His gift to me and for The Lord's help. It felt so good as I felt a calm peace come over my whole body.
Cindy stood up as soon as I sat down and shared a sweet thank you also, adding the things that made my words complete. How could I be blessed any more than that?

FAMILY ASSIGNMENT: While Julie was here she put up the cords to hang our family pictures on and transferred the old pictures that were in frames out of the frames to the cords – like a clothes line, only it is a “picture line”. So now we need to have current pictures of the whole family. Thus we need every family to send a current family group picture. Please make it a 5 x 7 size. There will be a prize for all those who get theirs here before Christmas. Yea!!!

Cindy is here for the week and we are loving having her lively spirit around to brighten things up. Right now she is visiting Grandpa. She looked so warm and cozy in her “Go out in the snow” full length coat and high top boots into the snow that is coming down quite hard.

FAMILY STORY: Grandma Swenson was a real pioneer when it came to cutting grandpa's hair and putting a curl in her own hair. She started cutting Grandpa's hair even before they were married. We have a picture of her cutting his hair in the back yard of the Fugal home. If you look at the picture of the clippers you will see that there is no power cord. Nope, she had to squeeze the handles in and out to get the clipper to cut the hair. The was a razor blade that went between the “teeth” of the clipper that cut the hair when it passed through the moving clipper. I tried it and I'm sure the exercise her hands got made them strong enough to do most anything.
The curling iron doesn't have a power cord either. How did she get it hot? On the old coal stove, of course. The same with the iron. Mother had an electric iron since she was born in 1902,
but Grandma Fugal didn't have one until the early 1900's according to Wikipedia. That is even though electricity had been discovered it was a long time before it was figured out how to use it for domestic things.

45 YEAR QUILT: We, me and my sweet Ali's Angels, finished my 45 year pioneer quilt. The story of it briefly is that I started it about 45 years ago when I took a class in Pioneer quilting. It was on and off of the quilting frame every time one of our daughters or grand children got married so that I could make a quilt for them. Thus it was off the quilt more than it was on.
About two years ago I decided that I would not take it off of the quilting frame again until it was finished. However...not so. The area was needed for a more important reason – to house “refugees.” Yes Mark and Kami and Emery were refugees from Vernal and besides that they are FAMILY WHO WE LOVE DEARLY. So for the last time my quilt came off again. But that is Ok because now it is a real pioneer quilt because in those days they had quilting bees and many people worked on the quilts together. Now I can officially say that many people have helped me with this quilt, even my friend, Brother Gifford who does machine quilting. I asked him if he could finish up the last little area for me. He and Ali's Angels and Sister Sorenson were happy to do so. But for me help from these sweet people to finish this 45 year old goal is a dream come true. And I thank The Lord for this blessing and ask him to bless all those angels who helped for in my eyes they are all Angels.

RIDDLE: check pictures for a riddle.




Last picture of Grandpa from The gables.  As you can read on the container he is now their "Mail Man.'














         
                    This is Judy, the last of Ali's Angels to help bind the quilt.   We had just put the last stitches on it.  It is a secret how the whole thing looks.











My Mother, Vida Swenson's, hair clippers and her curling iron.














                              Mother's and grandmother's iron for ironing clothes.









RIDDLE PICTURE - Where is this?  What is it?
How does it work?
Why did I take it?




































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS