"Find joy in the Journey."


Amaryllis just starting (above), growing taller, developing buds (below) .
They look like they are;having a race.
......This looks like one plant.
The Shamrock at the top show different stages of growth. The one to the right even has a little white flower.
I am enjoying “babying” my indoor plants. Since outdoor work isn't being done right now. My two Amaryllis are growing like they are having a race. My Shamrock starts have come up and one is even bearing a little white blossom.(see pictures for progress.)
Family
Motto
Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an
opportunity & a privilege.
February
11, 2018
Dear
Family,
HIGHLIGHTS
OF THE WEEK:
I went to visit Wendell Friday after Ali's Angel had finished
working. It was about 4:30 when I got there so we had supper
together. They do serve good meals – not big but good. Just my
size. I signed the papers for the Doctors to start their new
business at The Gables that Jannie had texted me to come in and sign.
I asked her about them and if they would check Wendell carefully
since he is still hurting from his fall out of bed. He landed on his
back and there is an area just above his waist that is very tender
and a little swollen. I hope to be there when he comes next Tues.
After supper Wendell and I collapsed on his bed and rested for quite
a while, just talking – mostly “Wendell talk” = his way of
expressing what he wants to convey. Sometimes it makes sense and
sometimes not so. And I shared with him my thoughts, hoping he
understood and if he did how long he would remember it. But it was
all good just to be there TOGETHER.
When
he walked me to the door to go home he was again asking me if I had
my key and wanted me to show him how it worked. I did and he was
more than happy to push the door open for me and about to step
outside when one of the workers came along to keep him inside while I
went to the car. We had our usual good-by kiss and waving. I felt
good about our visit and consoled myself as I left that “This is
how we live now.”
Saturday
I called and asked for an appointment to take car to be fixed that
morning. That was at 8:00 am. He Said, “I have a cancellation for
10:00 can you come at 9 :30?” “Yes.” So I hurried to get
some breakfast and finish getting my makeup on and headed for Hansen
Motor. The man was so nice to me. He treated me like I was “A
little old lady.” (smile). I told him what I needed and he
indicated for me to wait in the waiting room and he would let me know
when it was finished.
Sure
enough in about an hour here he came with a big smile on his face and
said It was ready. I paid the bill to the lady clerk at the desk and
went out to get the car. He came right over to me to help me get in
the car and see that everything was OK. He noticed that the
protectors for the windshield wipers that Mark had put on for me had
not been taken off and took them off saying, “Now they will work
better.” I thanked him again and again for his good work and asked
if I should drive straight out or back out. He indicated
respectfully, “You can go straight.” As I started out I noticed
that the car looked cleaner. The windows were clear, the rear view
mirrors were clear. I thought “I wonder if he washed the car too?”
His name is Tyler Valburg. I wonder if he is the grandson of our
good friends, the Valburg who was a Seminary teacher. Anyway after I
got home I called back to Hansen Motor and asked him if he had washed
the windows. “Yes”, he replied “we washed the whole car.” I
double thanked him. I am so grateful for people like him who really
care.
I
came home so happy and then contemplated what I would need to be able
and ready to go to the meeting in Tremonton that evening for “Singles
Over 60.” I wasn't sure if there was time now since I had spent
the whole morning with the car and some other errands. So I decided
on a plan: nap first so I would be able to stay awake at the meeting,
then get ready to go. But I couldn't get to sleep. So I revised my
plan. Get ready first and then have a nap. That worked – sort of-
the nap was more of resting and reading, but I
knew that I needed that meeting more than anything else this night.
And I was right.
That meeting was the most spiritually strong meeting I have attended
in a long long time. Elder Bednar presided and he brought with him
Elder Christensen and Elder Larsen, both General Authorities. After
each of them spoke very briefly teaching us what we need to hear
about church policies & the responsibilities of each Quorum of
General Authorities. I was surprised to know that they consist of
“the Quorum of the Presidency, the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles,
The Quorum of The Seventy. I hadn't realized the the Presidency was
a “Quorum.” (Did you know that?) They taught us much more in
about half an hour. Then Elder Bednar introduced us to the plan for
the rest of the evening.
We were to ask questions that everyone there would be interested to
know what the answers to them are. Then they would answer them. It
was amazing what I learned. Just what I need to know. Then to
give us the ultimate gift Elder Bednar gave us an Apostolic Blessing.
That brought such a strong feeling of being given the strength
to do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do and a confirmation of
my testimony that I am a child of God and he will always be there for
me. The feeling that I received then and am experiencing again now
was so strong that my tears flowed hard and long then and now. I
know that The Lord is watching over me and He will always be there
for me to help me no matter what happens.
This
quote from President Thomas S. Monson gives me the feeling that I
have shared my feelings and stories with you for a good reason: “Find
joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One
day each of us will run out of tomorrows.”
(Church News Week of July 9, 2017) “Stare down defeat.”
Incredible article.
Enough
said for today. Grandpa and I love you all more than I can tell you.
Enjoy the pictures. I still can't seem to get the writing to go where I want it. Oh well:)






Comments
Post a Comment