FIND YOU IN THE JOURNEY CONTINUES WITH TWO ROMANCES


Family Motto
Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
Be happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an opportunity & a privilege.
February 18, 2018
Dear Family,
This weeks message is an update from last week:
FIND JOY IN THE JOURNEY CONTINUES WITH TWO ROMANCES.
In case you don't remember or missed our last letter Wendell had fallen out of bed and the doctor was to come and check him.

Thursday was the day he was to come. My Counsel that morning as I prayed was “ Listen to the Spirit. Do not be afraid. I will help you.” That was a great comfort to me.
I went to visit Wendell to be there when the Dr. came. I went to Wendell's room first to see if the Doctor was there. He wasn't so I went to the office to see where I would find him. He was there talking with Jannie. She introduced us and we were soon off to Wendell's room. He asked Wendell lots of questions, examined him carefully, and decided that he needed an x ray to determine if there was a broken rib and the condition of his lungs. We talked about his medications and he said that, depending on what the x ray and chemical tests show, he may need to go off of the KM capsules because they have a lot of potassium. He also recommended he go back on the allergy pill.
He & I went back to Jannie's office to give her the report. She said she would be glad to take him to the hospital for the x ray. I thanked them both and pointing to Dr. Brent (that's his first name and that is what I call him because he is so young.) told her, “He is a good boy!” He kind of blushed and she laughed. I got a chuckle out of that because I say that to all men who are younger than I am. (smile).
I went back to Wendell's room. He was lying there asleep. I straightened his room – putting away the folded laundry that was on the chair, putting stuff in the garbage, hanging up the things that needed hangers, organizing everything into their proper drawer or closet.
Wendell waked during this process and began asking me questions and telling me how he loves me and needs me and invited me to lie down by him. I did (it hurt his back for him to move over) I was careful to not hurt him and we had a nice little talk. By then it was getting lunch time – time for me to go. I asked him if he would like to stay where he was, lying down and I could go to the door by myself, but he said no that he wanted to go with me. He did, slowly. A repair man was just opening the door so I didn't have to get my key out. The man held the door open really wide. I gave Wendell a kiss and said, “By.” and scooted out the door. When I got to the car I could see that Wendell had already disappeared. So I went back to the door to see if he was alright. He had walked back to the sitting area where they wait for their meals. So I knew he was alright.
Home – lunch & a nap. Ordered bed rails for Wendell so he won't fall out of bed any more and it has hand rails to help him get up. I hope that will help him a lot.
I am so THANKFUL for The Lords help every step of the way that day.
On Friday my counsel was “Don't worry, your prayers are being answered. Smile. Rejoice. Wendell is alright.”
Printed tags for Wendell's drawers and closet, and pictures of Peggy and Bruce's new kitchen to take to him. Found the pills to take to be put in bubble wrap for him.
Then I had a humerus Clothes dryer experience. Our dryer was not getting the clothes quite dry. The repair man, Steve, came and checked it out. The report from him after he finished was that the dryer vent is clogged. He said it had dead animals in it – birds and mice that he could feel when he put his hand into the vent. (Oh my, that felt like an awful horror to me to even think about having that right in our house.) We went out to the patio where I could see the vent and he showed me what needs to be done so it won't happen again after it is cleaned out. He gave me the name and number of a man who will fix it for me. Relief!!! He didn't charge me for his visit. That was really nice.

Saturday – Chris helped me figure out how to get a letter and documents put in the right form for them to be emailed to “Visa.” It was a great learning time for me and I appreciate it more than I can say. It only took about 15 minutes from the moment we started on it until it was sent. I can hardly believe all he can do. He is totally amazing!!! I had spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out the other day.
I took the Allergy pills for Wendell to Brigham Pharmacy to be “bubble wrapped” and then to The Gables for Wendell. I didn't see him then. Chris & I went later after he went to the temple. I put the signs I made yesterday on his drawers and closet identifying what was in them. I had to borrow some scotch tape from the girls in charge. Then I put his clean clothes on hangers and visited a bit. As I was straightening his bed and we were talking about the signs he said, “Oh that is where my pajamas are? I just wear my clothes to bed.” Oh my!!!
Chris mostly napped while Wendell and I smooched a bit as we sat on the bed which had been turned against the wall so that he wouldn't fall out of it so easily. I put new batteries in his hearing aids, but it didn't make much difference in how he understood us. I'm not sure how to handle the hearing aid problem. We had our night prayer with Chris just before Chris and I left. Wendell wanted to walk us to the door. He was more than ready to get back to his bed, so he didn't waste any time with our “good Night kiss.”
                                                                             Wendell telling me he loves me...


Rosalie loving to hear his words.      Wendell and Rosalie happy to be together.     

That is where this saga stands right now. Jannie texted me that Brent will let me know as soon as he gets the report what the “rib” story is. No I am not “ribbing” you.                                      
                      Picture of Wendell that tells the truth.  Jannie took our picture together as we left because she wanted to have one of him in that shirt...............







Now the ROMANCE OF THE AMARYLLIS. See the pictures for the story.
Remember that these two plants were given to me by two different people.  The one on the right first and the one on the left second and was just a stub - no stem yet.  But it grew so fast that it passed the first one in height.





Then one morning when I came into the kitchen it had toppled over so I had to move it to the floor where I could prop it up better.  I even had to open one door on the hutch to anchor one string.





                                          The first plant continued to open. Still I am sure they will always be friends forever, perhaps remembering when they first met. 




















Comments

  1. I can't help but notice that your pictures are not sowing as many wrinkles. You both look a lot more relaxed than when I was down at Christmas time. I'm glad you are both looking better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS