IT'S ALL ABOUT WENDELL & ME & YOU
Family Motto
“Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.”
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an
opportunity & a privilege.”
February 25, 2018
Dear Family,
REMINDER:
Send your family picture. We got one from Karen and Ben last week.
I printed it off and it is now hanging on our “picture line” in
the hall. Yea! Thanks Karen!
BLOG: IT'S ALL
ABOUT WENDELL & ME & YOU. I want to tell you about
how Wendell and I have found the way to live “together /apart.”
When I go to visit him we call his room in The Gables “our home
away from home.” I straighten it up a bit. Check his clothes to
see that they are hanging nicely in the closet. If his laundry has
been washed and is waiting in the laundry hamper we put it away
together. I hand him a pile of things that go in a certain drawer
and he puts them away. If he needs help deciding which drawer it
goes in I remind him to read the tags I put there for him. Sometimes
we play “Shut The Box,” sometimes we watch a family movie. Our
favorite thing is to have Family Home Evening, When we do that we
read from the Book of Mormon, taking turns. Sometimes we sing or he
plays his harmonica. We always end our Family Home evening with
prayer. He is in charge of who will say it because he holds the
priesthood.
This is pretty much like it used to be
at 519 Hawthorne Drive. So it brings home for us together to The
Gables. For both of us it is a VERY SPECIAL TIME OF SIMPLY BEING
TOGETHER.
Often when I visit we take pictures of
each other or walk down the hall for exercise. When I stay and eat
with him that is an interesting time as I get acquainted with his
“neighbors.” These pictures are of Wendell playing in the group game of Ring Toss. Get ready............. Get set........................................ringer
Sometimes it includes participating in a game like
the one I got in on this week – Ring Toss. Of course I had to take
pictures. He had a great time after he made one ringer & was ready to play some more. I had fun watching him and the others having fun give it all they had to make at least one ringer. The people who work there help them with sweet encouragement. It is a sweet thing to see. So all in all we are both “getting the hang of living
“together apart.”
OUR MESSAGE OF
INSPIRATION AND EXORTATION FOR YOU: #1. Read one chapter of
the Book of Mormon every day. This is the counsel of Presidents,
Monson, Hinckley, Hunter, and now President Nelson and all of the
previous Presidents of The church. Their promise is that our
strength to do the will of The Lord will increase and our testimonies
of the Gospel will be strengthened. I bear testimony that this is
true.
#2. Read, listen to or watch a
conference talk every day. There is strength for us in every one of
them. The one I read this morning was “Lest Thou Forget” by
Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He
talks about how to handle “times of Crisis” small or large. We
all have them don't we! I do watch one every day as I eat breakfast
and it gives me “regeneration” for the day. I know that these
men and women who speak to us are taught and inspired by The Lord and
I am more ready to tackle the day's responsibilities.
ABOVE ALL:
Grandpa and I love you every one and appreciate all you do for us
more than my keyboard has the capacity to write. So we will simply
say, “We love you more than tons!” Gr. & Gr.
PS – ONE MORE
THING – Julie has sent a most wonderful Reunion Flier. Be
sure to pay close attention to it. Thank you!!! :)



Comments
Post a Comment