Interesting Things


Family Motto
Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
Be happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an opportunity & a privilege.
April 7, 2018
Dear Family,
Today I want to share with you some things that I have found interesting because they touch either one or all of us in our family in some way.
BRAZIL - The headline in the Church News is, “Increasing strength, greater maturity Brazil is no longer a new frontier in the Church, says Elder Bednar. There are three of our family who served there. Can you name them? Of course they know who they are and can coach you. Please reply to that question.
Elder Bednar says, “There is a lot to learn about living and loving the gospel from the saints in Brazil.” I will quote just one paragraph of the rest of the article, “Home to 1.4 million church members, 34 missions & six temples, Brazil's strength is evident in the increasing number of Brazilian mission presidents and General Authorities serving around the world. Family History work by members in Brazil is producing nearly 100 percent of the names for temple ordinances in the country.”
I believe those of you who served there planted many seeds and laid a good foundation for what is happening there now.
HOLY GHOST - Elder Allen B. Haynie speaks to the students at BYU Hawaii: “We should desire the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost more than anything else in this life....because it is precisely what Christ desires most for each of us....Attempting to navigate the complexities of life without allowing the Holy Ghost to exercise all His divinely delegated duties on our behalf is, to be blunt, both dumb and dumber.... repent more completely and more often” to “begin to feel more regular companionship of the Holy Ghost and then we'll begin to feel more whole....Partaking of the sacrament [can] be a weekly, life-changing experience.” He goes on to tell how it has changed his life.
I want to testify that I have found these things to be true and I invite all of you to read his whole SHORT article.
Both of the above articles are in the Church News – week of March 25, 2018.
Boyd K Packer's poem that is his talk in the April 2013 General Conference. As I read this and listened to him give it my heart was filled with understanding about what life is all about. I recommend it to everyone.
Thanks to Noel for the special calendar for the New Year in which I took a trip to England and other places. That was fun!!!
My mother's poems are a special collection that I am blessed to have. As I read through some of them the other day, I noticed one of them that goes along with the topics of this letter.
Better guide well the young
than reclaim when the're old;
For the voice of true wisdom is calling;
To rescue the fallen is good,
but 'tis best
To prevent other people from falling.

Better close up the source
of temptation and crime
Than deliver from dungeon and galley;
Better put a strong fence
around the top of the hill
Than an ambulance down in the valley.
(Mom's Book – p. 60 A)
About Grandpa and me. See the pictures.

Love, Gr. & Gr Christensen

P.S. Let it be known that this is a two weeks report and that from now on it is no longer our “Sunday Letter.” It will be our weekly letter because Sunday got too busy. And who knows what day will work???


This is Gr. & Gr. taking "selfies" after watching General Conference.  He watched it at The Gables and She at her home.  Then she went to have dinner with him and they got together to have their own Family Home Evening.  That is their favorite thing to do.  They both loved conference too.





Chris and Jerusha's family get together after Jerus
ha and Josh help Grandma with her Income tax return.
 Chris, Patrick, Brenden, Lindsey, Jerusha, Grace, Josh, Valentine, & David.



Waiting for Dad to join them.................................














Our new Easter Amaryllis.



                       New kind of  Hyacinth type of flower used in expensive flower arrangements.  According to a florist.

Tulip before the deer got it.


            Apricot tree with frozen blossoms...However now we have new blossoms coming on the tree so we hope for at least a pretty good picking.





                             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS