Miscellaneous News
Miscellaneous
News
Family
Motto
Thee
lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.
“Be
happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an
opportunity & a privilege.
When I was talking to Peggy she shared the great news that Mary is preparing to go on a mission. At first she decided to continue in school on a scholarship she has. Then after praying about it she decided to go on a mission first and immediately started filling out the papers to apply. Peggy and I are so excited! I think the whole Royer is. Now you all can be too.
The first part of the week I Visited Wendell and got some neat shots of him on Marco Polo to share with our family. They liked them. They were of him holding the air plane that he had made out of a long pack of life savors and a stick of gum. He was sitting at a table with several of the residents – all making air planes. They had just finished when I got there, so it was a perfect time to get pictures. I also got a shot of him getting up and sitting down on the chair in the hall that his therapist had him use, and him playing the harmonica – Silent Night and his version of I am a Child of God, which sound more like Silent Night (smile – Love that man!).
As we talked one of the things that came up was how we got together in the first place. He couldn't remember, even with promptings of the snow ball. I am sad about that. I thought that was one story he wouldn't forget because he as told it over and over so many times.
On the way home I stopped for gas at the place by Walmart. That was an adventure – couldn't get the gas cap off. A lady in the car next to me helped me. Couldn't get the gas to start running into the gas tank. Had to ask the lady inside for help. She came out and helped me and then also came out to the car wash to put the numbers in for me because, she said, “I thought you would have to get out of the car to reach the buttons.” What a sweetheart!
As I started home I felt that happy feeling from my gas station lady. But then by the time I got home and told Nancy about Wendell (she was out by her curb working in her garden) that bit of a sad/hurting/feeling bad for myself/not wanting to “get to work.” feeling came back. So I got my lunch and watched my movie, Heartland. That didn't even make me feel better. So I asked Heavenly Father to help me know what to do. The Spirit whispered, “Go out and water the Grow Boxes. (three times he said that) and then, as I was hesitating, “NOW.” I smiled to myself...and decided that my attitude needed a face lift, got right up and headed out to do the watering.
I pulled the hose out of the stand. “That is not hard.” I said out loud. I turned the water on and got it “just right” to sprinkle the tender seeds and went about that “not too hard” work, slipping between the boxes to get the right angle until they were all watered well – and also the 3 tomatoes planted in the ground a little ways north of the north box. Now I was smiling broadly and humming a little tune as I decided to leave the hose out for tomorrow. Turned the water off and sat down on a chair on the patio for a little rest.
Monday Norrm Nelson and his wife took
me again to Hill AFB to get our military cards updated. This was our
4th trip because the power has been going out a lot. This
time it was still on and we got the work done. Not quite as we
expected because they said that, because Wendell is living in a Care
Center and diagnosed with Alzheimer Disease and his card says,
“indefinite” it does not need to be updated. So all they needed
to verify that was my document stating that I have “power of
authority” for Wendell. Mine did need to be updated because I
still actively do work for him. (I almost said “I still look
lively” but that would have been a lie. Smile.)
We
had another lady with us that they have been helping to get the work
done for her husband who we affectionately call “Sarge.” So she
got her new card too. Norm needed to get his also. So in the 4
hours we were on the road we got it all done, picked up lunch and had
a very interesting visit.
ROSALIE'S THOUGHTS
HOW
I FEEL
Under
our roof I live alone,
walk
and talk to myself alone,
except
for my phone.
Then
people come into my life again
when
I call my family or a friend.
My
world opens up and under my roof
is
a world of happiness – that is proof.
ALWAYS
Things
just fall into place,
AFTER
I've
prayed and through God's grace.
WHEN
I
follow His counsel given as I pray.
AND
His
spirit stays with me all the day.
THEN
The
day seems like a miracle gifted,
FOR
my
heart is glad and my spirit lifted.
WENDELL'S
HUMOR
One
of the girls takes the phone to Wendell and says, “It's your wife.
She wants to talk to you.”
Wendell:
“What did you call for?”
Rosalie:
“There is an error in the prescription order to Express Scrips.”
Wendell:
What is the prescription for?”
Rosalie:
“Your memory.”
Wendell:
“I don't have a problem with my memory. I remember more than I
want to.”

These pictures were taken Monday when I visited and they were making the little air planes out of little packages of life savors and a stick of gum.
Here his therapist was walking with him. That day he also had him doing different exercises as we walked around the halls.

Here is a little deer that found it's way into our bushes out back.
That's
all for this time. Love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen
Comments
Post a Comment