Harmonica Hits


Family Motto
Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.”
Be happy. Let discouragement be a challenge, not a defeat; an opportunity & a privilege.”
May 10, 2018
Dear Family,
The biggest news for this week is that Grandpa can now play three songs on his harmonica. When I was with him Saturday I handed him his harmonica as I was putting his newly laundered clothes away. Suddenly I heard the music of “Come, Come, Ye Saints” floating out of his harmonica. I was so pleased that he is getting so he can do that on his own.




 The next biggest news is that our Asparagus is doing really well. Since I planted it by seed it takes three years to be productive (edible). But anyway it is pretty. And the directions say that you may be able to harvest a few stocks the second year (smile – that is this year). Yea, we'll see.

Our Snow Ball bush is coming out beautifully now. Thanks to our neighbor's great pruning last fall.  Of course the Snow Ball is our favorite one and I know you know why!!!???  The Lilacs are beautiful and the red fruit bush that I can't remember the name of, but the people in Spain love the fruit from it as well as the flower.  The white weed at the base of it must love it too because it grows there every year.









Then there are the “wings.” You know, the ones I told you about before? Now I'm sure my theory about them is correct because: #1. when the first blossoms showed up on the tree they were tiny dark yellow.  If you look closely you can see a few by my foot.  Then #2. After the early frost they turned white and some of them blew off. They still looked like seeds. #3. After a few days new ones began to form on the tree and they turned out to be little wings - on my hand. Now more are forming on the tree and they look much larger.

So that's the fun part of our story this week.
The work part is that I have been busy getting financial things taken care of Grandpa's “Roll Over” that Thiokol set up for us to help with medical bills in out later years. It turns out that it will help a lot with the cost of The Gables. I'm not sure just how much yet. We are still working on that part of it. I still have some more application papers to get in. Of course there is always the normal regular business to take care of too.
Love to everyone, Gr & Gr Christensen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS