The Funnest Story Ever Told
THE FUNNEST STORY EVER TOLD really began last spring when I planted Asparagus by seed. It came up nicely, but could not be eaten for two more years. So when winter came we bent the little plants over and covered them with top soil to keep them from being frost bitten. This spring I looked at the brown earth in the grow box that had no green showing at all and wondered what would happen this year - if they would even grow at all.Several weeks went by - nothing. Then one day I went out with Jeramy, our young man who gardens for us, and to my total delight there were some little shoots coming up. I got so excited that I am sure Jeramy thought I was a bit loony.
You can see in this picture how they are now - ranging from new shoots to tall lovely ferny shoots, some even have seeds on them. Now my dilemma is how to care for them at this point. So, as usual I will ask my cell phone. It knows everything.
Then one day I went out to weed my grow boxes and lo and behold there were those weeds sporting buds that would blossom into Poppies. Not just regular poppies, but really gorgeous ones. Yes, did you know that poppies are weeds that grown wherever the wind blows their seeds? Just go up to the Girls Home in the late summer and you will see them growing profusely
Now if you look closely you will see the beginnings of carrots.

Now you can behold a very unusual happening in our garden - an 8 inch high Kale that "Wintered Over" and a brand new baby Kale just barely peeking out of the soil. Can you find it? And I can see two more almost invisible shoots too.

Oh boy here come the radishes.

Now we come to the crowning point of my work morning - plandint a long row of seeds to grow into delicious peas that you can even eat the shell. You can see the marking along the side of the row and the identifying tag on the metal stake. Believe it or not it was 45% that morning that I thought I'd better get out before it rained. I decided to go out about 7:30 to miss the rain and it was a good thing I did because before I got my clothes changed when I came in the house it was raining. What a blessing!

Here is Grace our #1 learning gardner who doubles as lawn mower, dish washer, meal making helper with her Dad to make "Blue Apron" meals, garbage girl, and then asks what I need her to do.
Of course her dad, Chris, has everything to do with her training and he is there every step of the way.

I do not want to forget these two intriguing pictures. The first one is the pine tree needles multiplying. Yep, they know arithmetic also. Every year they know they need to have more pine needles to keep up their growing so they send out the new little buds that grow pine needles. Those little buds are fertilized by a yellowish powder that you can see on the table if you look closely.
Then we come to Mother's Day. Here julie and Monte present me with those beautiful roses and Iris flowers with pretty pink ones. So beautiful. I feel so special.
We go to pick Wendell up at The Gables and Chris and Grace join us at Idle Isle for an absolutely wonderful dinner. We had to take two shots to get both of us picture takers in the picture (because the servers were so busy they couldn't be found to take a picture).If you are clever you can figure out who the photographers were.
Chris, Gr. Rosalie, Gr. Wendell, Julie, Mont. .......
Now do you know???

Julie loves her dad.
Iris garden.
Strawberries in bloom.
Lillies, Pear Tree, Iris, Peonies, plumb Tree, Peach Tree. Beautiful green grass. Thanks to Mark fixing our sprinkler system.
So there we are for the day. Don't forget that we Love you all tons, Gr. & Gr. Christensen




Comments
Post a Comment