Important Reunion update & Gr. & Gr. homeS
Important Reunion Update - Julie has done some talking with people who are planning on bringing names of our ancestors to do the baptisms and sealings for them. She has new information for all of you. So be sure to pay attention to her letter of this last week.
Grandpa and Grandma's Homes: Yes we have two homes. One at The Gables and one at 519 Hawthorne Drive. Sometimes we have fun at one place and sometimes at the other. Sometimes we are together and sometimes not. Here are some pictures that tell the story.
VISITS TO WENDELL:
This week Peggy and Mary came to visit us and we three went to visit Grandpa. Here Grandpa and I are enjoying being together.
Here Mary and Grandpa are looking at things around his Home. Mary was excited to tell Grandpa about putting her papers in for her mission call and grandpa was very happy to hear about her wanting to serve a mission.
Now Peggy is sharing some things on her cell phone with her dad. We did have a beautiful visit with Grandpa/Father/Husband. Wendell was in good spirits and delighted to show off his new hospital bed and whatever else he could point out - he especially likes to mention all of his family. You may note that the chest is moved from in front of the refrigerator and now I have put some goodies in it for him.
VISIT TO GRANDMA'S HOME
a VERY HAPPY "SELFIE" after we have made a trip around my yard to see the gardens. I simply had to have us do the pose my brothers and sister started when we were kids and daddy was taking pictures posing with our finger on our head. It became a family ritual whenever we got together. Even today when we get together, even though two of our group have passed on, we still do it.
Of course the garden boxes were a special topic including the deer getting into my plants there. I had Jeramy spray another treatment of the animal repellent yesterday. Oh the joy of hosting wild life??? But the roses in front of the house are gorgeous!!!
Friday evening President Wilding visited Wendell to renew his temple recommend. When I visited Wendell the next day I didn't know which one of the Stake Presidency went to see him. But when I looked at the signed recommend there was no question who it was because his five swerving lines (that's all) are a sure give away. You may be able to see it on the picture.
When I talked to the bishop at the church when he came to see the girls as they were getting home from Girls Camp he shared with me how Pres. Wilding described his visit with Wendell: Wendell didn't recognize him. When asked if he wanted a new recommend Wendell replied, "No, I have one already." Pres. Wilding was surprised at Wendell's decline, but he was impressed with his spiritual self. There was no doubt about him being worthy to have a new recommend. I know that too and that is important for our eternal progress.

Friday I got the big call saying the girls were home from Girls camp and ready to be picked up. So off I went to find our cute Grace. It took a while because my good young friends who I have had in Activity Days - Sariah, and her sister who I have had work in the yard and our new Graduate, Anne who I wanted to give hugs. Suddenly, along came Grace up behind us to get her hug too. I was so glad. She joined the other girls. You can see that they love her. I got a partial report on the way home, but I have a feeling that there is much more to come.
Last, but not least, here is our family that lives in my home. What are we doing? We are excited over the show that we just saw at the Hale theatre in Bountiful. You know the one that is mostly about "Seventy Six Trombones." We ordered tickets a good month ago after we had been listening to that song by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for several days, singing with it, marching with it and now having the chance to see the show. So, yes we enjoyed it beyond description. Yea for fun times!!!
That's it for today. Love to everyone, Gr. & Gr. Christensen
Grandpa and Grandma's Homes: Yes we have two homes. One at The Gables and one at 519 Hawthorne Drive. Sometimes we have fun at one place and sometimes at the other. Sometimes we are together and sometimes not. Here are some pictures that tell the story.
VISITS TO WENDELL:
This week Peggy and Mary came to visit us and we three went to visit Grandpa. Here Grandpa and I are enjoying being together.
Here Mary and Grandpa are looking at things around his Home. Mary was excited to tell Grandpa about putting her papers in for her mission call and grandpa was very happy to hear about her wanting to serve a mission.
Now Peggy is sharing some things on her cell phone with her dad. We did have a beautiful visit with Grandpa/Father/Husband. Wendell was in good spirits and delighted to show off his new hospital bed and whatever else he could point out - he especially likes to mention all of his family. You may note that the chest is moved from in front of the refrigerator and now I have put some goodies in it for him.
VISIT TO GRANDMA'S HOME
a VERY HAPPY "SELFIE" after we have made a trip around my yard to see the gardens. I simply had to have us do the pose my brothers and sister started when we were kids and daddy was taking pictures posing with our finger on our head. It became a family ritual whenever we got together. Even today when we get together, even though two of our group have passed on, we still do it.
Of course the garden boxes were a special topic including the deer getting into my plants there. I had Jeramy spray another treatment of the animal repellent yesterday. Oh the joy of hosting wild life??? But the roses in front of the house are gorgeous!!!
Friday evening President Wilding visited Wendell to renew his temple recommend. When I visited Wendell the next day I didn't know which one of the Stake Presidency went to see him. But when I looked at the signed recommend there was no question who it was because his five swerving lines (that's all) are a sure give away. You may be able to see it on the picture.
When I talked to the bishop at the church when he came to see the girls as they were getting home from Girls Camp he shared with me how Pres. Wilding described his visit with Wendell: Wendell didn't recognize him. When asked if he wanted a new recommend Wendell replied, "No, I have one already." Pres. Wilding was surprised at Wendell's decline, but he was impressed with his spiritual self. There was no doubt about him being worthy to have a new recommend. I know that too and that is important for our eternal progress.

Friday I got the big call saying the girls were home from Girls camp and ready to be picked up. So off I went to find our cute Grace. It took a while because my good young friends who I have had in Activity Days - Sariah, and her sister who I have had work in the yard and our new Graduate, Anne who I wanted to give hugs. Suddenly, along came Grace up behind us to get her hug too. I was so glad. She joined the other girls. You can see that they love her. I got a partial report on the way home, but I have a feeling that there is much more to come.
Last, but not least, here is our family that lives in my home. What are we doing? We are excited over the show that we just saw at the Hale theatre in Bountiful. You know the one that is mostly about "Seventy Six Trombones." We ordered tickets a good month ago after we had been listening to that song by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for several days, singing with it, marching with it and now having the chance to see the show. So, yes we enjoyed it beyond description. Yea for fun times!!!
That's it for today. Love to everyone, Gr. & Gr. Christensen









Comments
Post a Comment