INTERESTING FAITH PROMOTING WEEK
INTERESTING FAITH PROMOTING WEEK
'Thee lift me and I'll lift the and we'll ascend together. Let disappointment be a challenge, not a defeat.
Dear Family, On Thursday the 21st I received a text from Jannie at The Gables that Wendell had fallen about 6:30 when he got out of bed. I hadn't looked at my cell phone messages all morning as I was busy with the business and home details of the day like meeting the painter who came to give me an estimate on painting the posts, picking up the lawn mower that had been in the shop to have the blades sharpened, supervising yard work, etc. So when I saw the message I called Jannie at The gables and learned that he had fallen again & was in a lot of pain.
I talked with Grace to make sure she would be OK while I went to see Wendell and then went directly to The Gables. This was about 1:30 pm. The Dr. had checked him and said that he had either a cracked or broken rib and that all they could do was keep him comfortable. So I stayed with him to help him with his needs and try to help him know what had happened. They brought his Supper to his room and he was able to sit up to eat. He is sure a trooper. I left about 7:30 with tears as I drove home and a prayer on my lips that Heavenly Father would be with both of us to meet this new challenge.
I visited him again on Friday. He was doing better. And then on Saturday Debby and Mike came to be here for Marks performance at the "Chalk Festival" here in Brigham City. That was a day long celebration to raise money to help one of the needy groups here in Brigham City. They picked me up and we enjoyed a most interesting, fun time watching and listening to him play the piano and sing at the same time for his 45 minute performance. He was incredible!!! He even played on without stopping when the wind played havoc with the covering to the shelter we were sitting under and several people worked hard to get it back in place. (couldn't get this picture to turn around for me - sorry about that.) That is Mark playing away.
Here is Hailey and Emery. You can see the Chalk on Hailey. Emery didn't want anything to do with that, but she did want to be like Hailey.
After the performance Debby, Mike, Karen, Tommy and I went up to visit Wendell. He was tired but happy to see them. We didn't stay very long and the last thing I did was tuck him into bed as the others waited for me in the hall.
Sunday I went to church with Wendell. When I got there I found that he had not gotten up for breakfast and was not ready for church. One of the workers and I got him dressed and into the meeting just in time to partake of the Sacrament. I had lunch with him and helped him get back to bed, made sure that he had his Gatorade and water. Then I went back to our ward to go to part of Relief Society. That was a much needed spiritual boost for me because I was seeing my sweetheart struggling both physically and confusion, yet still trying to do his best.
Then Monday came the next shocker...I called to see how he was doing and learned that he had had another fall. I hurried to make sure Grace knew what to do while I was gone and headed straight for The Gables. I learned that they had found him lying across his walker when they came in totake care of morning needs. Now he was really in a state of confusion. But he still knew who I was. I stayed with him from 10:30 to 2:45. During that time we talked about our life together and our goals for eternal life together and he began to be able to figure out what was going on. They brought our dinner in to us and we had a "picnic", as we called it, together. I fed him and we talked. He ate well - that is one thing he surely has not forgotten. The nurse came while I was there and checked him all over carefully. She said that his vitals are all good and that physically he is very well. I told her about the show at Heritage theater that Grace and I were planning on going to. She said I definitely should go. So after I made sure he was comfortable, had all the Gatorade, water, Ensure, etc. I turned his care over to the ladies there. That was hard to do.However Grace, Kathy and I did enjoy the wonderful show, Camelot. And that was the best medicine that I could have had. When I visited him yesterday he was doing much better and I am back to trying to take care of the stuff around "my home" again. And he is back to the normal routine at The Gables with the ladies taking special notice of how he is doing.
That is it for today. Love to everyone, Gr. & Gr. Christensen

Comments
Post a Comment