CELEBATION DAYS

CELEBRATION DAYS of the past two weeks as we have experienced several times: "Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.  Let disappointment be a challenge not a defeat."

How did you celebrate the 4th of July?  Grandpa and I got to visit for a while.  I watched a show about The Star Spangled Banner which was incredible and added to the experience when all of our children went with us to visit the place where The Star Spangled Banner story originated.  However the gift I got for myself from the show was that I learned that The Star Spangled Banner was made the official song for the United States of America just exactly nine days before I was born: March 3, 1931.   My birthday is March 11, 1931.  That touched my heart-strings in a way that now that song means even more to me than it did before.
The pictures are a sprinkling of the fun and challenging experiences we had over the past two weeks.

Bradley, Rachael and Ela drove all the way from Tennessee to visit with the Royer Family for a family reunion.  We were lucky to have them come to see us on their trip home.  We had a fun visit here at "My Home" where we enjoyed dinner around our table in the kitchen, found raspberries to pick and eat, wandered around our yard that is looking better every yard-working day and enjoyed visiting and getting acquainted with our sweet new additions to our family.  As soon as we met I knew I loved them already. 

I took them to see grandpa.  The pictures I took were all on Marko Polo.  But I will tell one little thing that was special to me.  Little Ela was rather fearful with seeing Grandpa and shied away from him through all the visiting until we had him stand up.  Then it was like a magic wand had touched him and he was now her friend.  I don't know if he just looked more "normal" that way or what???

Noel and David's family spent a night and a day and a night at "My House" which we enjoyed to the fullest.  When they arrived the first things they noticed was that we have soft green grass.  They live in Texas in an area where there is none.  So the first thing they did was run in the grass barefoot.  That was so fun to see.  It was a joy to feel their excitement at being here at our "Museum" home.  Yes we do have a lot of "stuff" to investigate and I love to tell about it.  They got in on picking fresh raspberries and eating them right off of the bush also.  Of course we had dinner on the patio (the weather was just right that day.)  And Chris stole the show  as he misjudged how he leaned.  Of course he insists it was on purpose. 



















We went over to see Grandpa and that was a sweet time even though he is not as alert since his last fall.  He was able to respond in his own way which let them know he loves them.  He played his harmonica for them and they loved that, so much so that they even wanted to try it - which they did.  Yess all of them tried and found it was not as easy as it looked.




 Steven was so gentle and tender as he talked to Grandpa.













The rest of the family has their turn also.  Here we see David and Mary intent on what was being said and the feet of the others who were enjoying grandpas stories too.  We had a most unusual visit with their grandpa as they asked lots of questions to which Wendell gave "his version" of the story.  Those who knew the stories well were just glad he could remember that something happened.  We could all smile and love him all the more.


 This picture is their official family group picture because they love our green soft grass so much. 



Wendy and Mark and Debby and Mike arrived on the same day each sharing that they were going to have their own family reunions this month.  And now we are seeing on Marco Polo what they are doing.    Wendy brought some activity toys to help stimulate the brain.  Here she and Debby are showing Grandpa how to work this one.


Wendell is happy that he opened all the doors and so is Mark.










The surprise of the week was that both Jessica and Grace play the flute.  It was fun to see them get together to learn a duet.  We could think of so many ways this might become a special treat for the whole family at some point in time and progress.


   That is the story for this two weeks adventures from our two "homes" as Grandpa and I are still learning the art of living together/apart.  We love you all and pray for every one of you each day.  And we keep your names in the temple by families.  We hope you can feel our big hugs for you. 
Love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS