Fall Seven Rise Eight

Fall Seven Rise Eight = Another wise saying that wraps around our Family Motto, Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we will ascend together.  It also encompasses our addition: Be happy.  Let disappointments be a challenge, not a defeat.

Dear Family, On this, the 30th day of July, I will tell you how I came about this great discovery.  It was in church yesterday when this very learned new Brother in our ward and his wife gave their first ever talks in our ward.  He explained in length the meaning of three keys to successful lives.  I will share a brief summary: 
     "Fall Seven Rise Eight."  We all make mistakes which we think of as disobeying the Lord's commandments or disappointing family, friends, or employer.  This causes us a great sense of being bad, stupid, or unkind.  These can be the seeds of all kinds of unwanted behaviors.  Sooo we need to find a way to avoid or change that from happening.  We must determine how to "RISE" more times than we "Fall." 
     The next key he gave us was: TRUST THE PROPHET.  All the prophets emphasize the importance of FAMILY and  how we need to help each other.  Does that sound familiar?  "Thee lift me and I'll lift thee."
     The third Key is "The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack."  In our families the "Wolf" is the Father of the family with he and the mother working together.  The "Pack" is their children and any others who live with them.  Does that fit our Motto also?  "And we will ascend together."
     Now I will give you the challenge to apply it in any other ways you can.




This weekend has been one of fun and surprises.  Grace had the opportunity to be in the presentation that the Theater Arts organization here in Brigham City presented Friday on their unique stage in the very old building that has been remodeled several times for different uses.  They had "partner," "group," and "solo" presentations.  Then they had the awards ceremony.  It was all very exciting and Grace was adorable.  I was sitting on one of the side seating areas so I didn't have a straight-on view when it came picture taking time.  But I did get this one after she came to where I was sitting.  It shows her sweet smile and her award .  If you look close it says "Phoney Tony Award."








Here the group is posing for pictures and she is doing her part to make it interesting. You can see her hair done up in a beautiful braid that the director in charge of hair braiding for her.  She did it for all of the girls.
















                                                     Here she is exiting the stage.












Here is Julie playing the Game of figuring how to open and close the doors to the houses on the board.  You can also identify numbers and colors.







They are all happy in this picture as they even got a big smile from Grandpa.  He had been playing tunes on his harmonica for them.
Besides visiting Grandpa they had spent the morning with me and at the bank to get our money moved from our savings account in one bank to our checking account in our other bank.  It was quite a time consuming job to go through all the rigamarole to help me understand all the possibilities and then decide which one I really wanted.  They were so patient with me.  Nothing can repay that "mentoring" that they did for me.
Love to all, Gr. & Gr. Christensen


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS