THANK YOU

THANK YOU is the August 26, 2018 Subject for our Dear Family,

First we want to thank Julie for her many hours of "blood, sweat, and tears" in planning our 2018 Family Reunion. Her figuring, re-figuring, sending numerous emails, adjusting several things to fit individual family needs, taking charge at Maddox, where she introduced a new wording for our family motto.  It is every bit the same meaning as the original so we are changing our Family Motto to read:

            "I LIFT THEE & THEE LIFT ME AND TOGETHER WE WILL ASCEND"

Thank you Julie for all the other things you did which are so many, and done with such a sweet understanding spirit.

Next we want to thank Matt for being the pilot of the famous DRONE that took our family group pictures.  Julie sent me several shots that are really fun to see.  You may have received them also.  That day when we were watching the Drone come closer and closer I kept having the feeling that he was actually up in that intriguing bird.  But then there he was standing right close to me.  The picture of Mike, Amanda, Jack and me with Matt looking up tell a good story of how we gathered to see the drone, although you have to imagine what was going on behind us.  And Matt we know that doing that picture taking for us was a trick and took a lot of preparation and expert operation and good humor with the spectators.

Now we want to thank all of you who went up to see Grandpa at The Gables.   For now, this picture represents your visit too.  This picture of Matt & Sarah with their four sons, Dalin, Quintin, Brock and Calvin is so dear.  Grandpa, you can see, is delighted have them come and visit at "his home."  I hope to get pictures of other families who visited Grandpa also. However, if not the "leaves" on the tree tell the tale.

We thank our other four daughters, Wendy, Debby, Cindy and Peggy for all the help they gave Julie with the plans and preparations.  Julie has told me she couldn't have done it without you sweet sisters your husbands.

Sorry that the pictures are all turned around.  I didn't know they were until I brought them up and now I don't have time to go back to the originals and fix them.  So you can just say, "Silly Grandma."

One more thing I want to mention.  There are so many wonderful things happening in our family in the next few months that I feel bad that I won't be able to attend.   Mary leaving for her mission, Tod and Chris getting married, babies being born and probably many other things that I don't know about.  But we will be there in spirit because Grandpa and I love every one of you beyond what any words can tell.  Only eternity will reveal how we all love each other.  So please share your experiences with us in any way you can, and you know how we love pictures.  Love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS