PICTURE THIS
Picture This on September 4th 2018
Dear Family, Remember our Family Motto, "I lift thee & thee lift me & together we will ascend," as you look at the picture of Grandpa and read the report about how he is doing. I am leaving out a lot of details. Since he had another fall last week and is experiencing a lot of pain his pain medication has been adjusted to make him more comfortable. This makes him les coherent. So our visits are rather non-visits. BUT HE TRIES HIS BEST. The one big thing that I get from him is that he thinks he is doing some sort of mission where he teaches people to be more kind to each other. Isn't that like Grandpa? He still will play his harmonica for me. And there was only one day that he didn't recognize me at first when he was "preaching kindness" as I walked into the room and he totally ignored me as if I wasn't there. He did know me after he stopped teaching and looked at me saying, "Who are you?" "I am your wife." Then he smiled a big one and said something about being glad - couldn't quite tell exactly. So lets all pray for the day to come soon when his pain will lesson enough to reduce the pain medication.
This is showing the posts that our elderly painter finished last week. He and his little less elderly partner worked to do as well as painting the wood trim around both garages. I am so thrilled. It all looks so beautiful. So thanks to them and also to Jerusha and Josh who did the hard part: the sanding. (sorry you will have to turn your head sideways to see it well. The new program on my phone said it would rotate automatically any pictures that needed it. I guess the program can't quite tell all the time.
This one is a picture frame that Wendy bought for us a few months ago and also put pictures in it when she came out a while ago and found that I hadn't gotten any pictures put in it yet. Those she chose are many years old and I guess she found them in her collection. They are so perfect for what I need to see right now. Clockwise they are: Our Family group picture at the cabin. Wendell and Rosalie roasting marshmallows, Nancy and Kevin's family, Rosalie roasting marshmallows, Rosalie's Brothers and Sisters reunion, Wendell & Rosalie eating in the picnic area at the cabin. Center: Wendell and Rosalie sitting on the Love Seat that Rosalie made.
RAISED GARDEN PICTURES: Path past the grow box to the cucumbers. Jeremy carefully put rocks between each box to make walking so our shoes wouldn't get dirty. It was his idea and I sure like it. He has a little pile of rocks that yu can see by the fence at the end of the path to continue the path on the other side.
The Asparagus is now tied up for two reasons: to keep it from hanging over the newly transplanted strawberry plants and so the seeds will drop in the box, not out on the ground.
Newly transplanted Strawberries with soaker hose. Mark Dupree added tho hose and we thank him for that.
More strawberries.
Kale, ???? Carrots, can't remember - it isn't bearing and we don't know why.
That's all I know today. Grandpa and I send our love and appreciation to all of you for your prayers and all your help.
Dear Family, Remember our Family Motto, "I lift thee & thee lift me & together we will ascend," as you look at the picture of Grandpa and read the report about how he is doing. I am leaving out a lot of details. Since he had another fall last week and is experiencing a lot of pain his pain medication has been adjusted to make him more comfortable. This makes him les coherent. So our visits are rather non-visits. BUT HE TRIES HIS BEST. The one big thing that I get from him is that he thinks he is doing some sort of mission where he teaches people to be more kind to each other. Isn't that like Grandpa? He still will play his harmonica for me. And there was only one day that he didn't recognize me at first when he was "preaching kindness" as I walked into the room and he totally ignored me as if I wasn't there. He did know me after he stopped teaching and looked at me saying, "Who are you?" "I am your wife." Then he smiled a big one and said something about being glad - couldn't quite tell exactly. So lets all pray for the day to come soon when his pain will lesson enough to reduce the pain medication.
This is showing the posts that our elderly painter finished last week. He and his little less elderly partner worked to do as well as painting the wood trim around both garages. I am so thrilled. It all looks so beautiful. So thanks to them and also to Jerusha and Josh who did the hard part: the sanding. (sorry you will have to turn your head sideways to see it well. The new program on my phone said it would rotate automatically any pictures that needed it. I guess the program can't quite tell all the time.
This one is a picture frame that Wendy bought for us a few months ago and also put pictures in it when she came out a while ago and found that I hadn't gotten any pictures put in it yet. Those she chose are many years old and I guess she found them in her collection. They are so perfect for what I need to see right now. Clockwise they are: Our Family group picture at the cabin. Wendell and Rosalie roasting marshmallows, Nancy and Kevin's family, Rosalie roasting marshmallows, Rosalie's Brothers and Sisters reunion, Wendell & Rosalie eating in the picnic area at the cabin. Center: Wendell and Rosalie sitting on the Love Seat that Rosalie made.
RAISED GARDEN PICTURES: Path past the grow box to the cucumbers. Jeremy carefully put rocks between each box to make walking so our shoes wouldn't get dirty. It was his idea and I sure like it. He has a little pile of rocks that yu can see by the fence at the end of the path to continue the path on the other side.
The Asparagus is now tied up for two reasons: to keep it from hanging over the newly transplanted strawberry plants and so the seeds will drop in the box, not out on the ground.
Newly transplanted Strawberries with soaker hose. Mark Dupree added tho hose and we thank him for that.More strawberries.
Kale, ???? Carrots, can't remember - it isn't bearing and we don't know why.
That's all I know today. Grandpa and I send our love and appreciation to all of you for your prayers and all your help.



Loved your update and pictures, mom. I did want to make one correction. I got you the frame many years ago to hang in the pink bathroom and it's been sitting with some very nice promotional pictures that came with it. Debby and Cindy were the ones that went through your picture stash when they came for the reunion and found and mounted the pictures that are in there now. It was so kind of them, and it sounds like it's giving you that boost you need right now. :)
ReplyDelete