"SAINTS"
"I lift thee and thee lift me and together we will ascend," again our family Motto meshes with something else = "Saints" is a new series of books that have been compiled from the histories of Joseph Smith, his wife, Emma, his mother, Lucy Mack Smith, Orson Pratt & Joseph F. Smith, with comments about the book by Skousen & Hart and others. Plus it tells the story that is in the D&C and the Book of Mormon. However it is written in an exciting story form.
Julie and I were talking about it and we are both convinced it adds many surprising things to the knowledge that is given us in the D&C and bears witness to both the D&C and the Book of Mormon.
Why am I telling you this? It is because it has become one of my "Sacred Stories" of Personal Revelation. While reading this book on my i-pad revelation has come to me that has brought me to tears and strengthening my testimony of how the Lord works.
One example of this is how I came to recognize that our home is a sacred place for me. As I wandered through our home the other morning as the sun was coming up I felt the Spirit of The Lord as the Light of the morning sun came through the window. Also the feelings I had several times as I prayed, kneeling at the sofa and received personal revelations that got me through a heart attack, fractured knees, near nervous break down, & many more challenges.
My Study is where I receive "My Counsel" for the day through my "heart to heart" talks with Heavenly Father. I feel a quiet comforting spirit as I walk into this room.
My Bedroom is "My Memory Room." It is filled with all kinds of memories that have become reasons to set goals that are as sweet as the memories: 50th Anniversary pictures, Wendy's embroidered quote, the mirror that Debby made with Salt Lake Temple in it, My Brother, Al's blue picture of a lighthouse on a hill with the ocean water splashing on the shore, the tall Cinderella doll in a blue dress, the figures that were on our wedding anniversary cake, the dresser that was mine as a teen ager, the cedar chest that my dad made, the crocheted runner that my mother made. These memories bring me close to those who are represented there.
Wendell's study will always be "HIS ROOM" for me - his roll tip desk, computer desk, his pictures & history shelves that Mark Rawlings, Wendy's husband put together for me. My feelings when I go in there become very tender.
All in all I feel like my home is my sacred place.
Now I will let some pictures of Grandpa's bedroom at The Gables and my bedroom at my house tell their story: This is the latest picture of grandpa that I took yesterday by his memories that he can tell you about. He loves to talk about the pictures and the leaves of his "Family Tree." You may not be able to understand all the words, but you can FEEL what he means.
My bed which was in the cabin for many years and in our home here while our daughters slept in it. Grace and I refinished it a few weeks ago. You know the story of the quilt that covers it - my 47 years to make story. The little pig that Cindy gave me. Cinderella in her beautiful blue dress - my favorite fairy tale because she stood for all that was good. The pictures on top are of Wendell and me dancing on our 50th wedding anniversary.
This is a sneaky picture because the things I talk about are NOT what shows up most. Left to right "Little Blue Girl" picture that Wendy gave me and the embroidered plaque she made for me. Center - Mirror that Debby made for us that has the Salt Lake temple on it and has a blue and white ruffle. Lower right hand corner. Bride and groom dancing on one of our wedding anniversary cakes.
A picture that my brother, Al, painted. A runner my mother made and showed me how to keep it nice after you launder and press it carefully: roll it on a tube and fasten it with long pins. A pillow that Joan, Wendell's sister made years ago before she passed away.
The Cedar Chest my father made for me. Made from cedar wood which smells so nice and preserves what you put in it. The style of it was new at that time: the "chest part with a lid on top and two drawers under that.
The dresser that my sister and I had in our bedroom when we were teen agers. It is full of many jewelry memories on top of the doilies I crocheted.
Picture of the family we taught and baptized their son when we were serving a mission on Easter Island. They were able to fly to the main land in Santiago, Chile to go to the temple after we left the island. She carved stories like this one standing in the holder in front on wood to sell. She was sitting on her front porch working on one the first time we met her. The two tiny Moais were given to us by members the day we left the Island and the whole branch came to the air port to see s off.
Yes, the Lord works in many ways to help and guide us to be better, to understand our lives more completely, to learn to listen to his counsel to us and put it into practice. All of this to help us to return to Him.
Wendell and I pray for that every time we are together and have our little prayer. God bless us all in our journey to His kingdom. Tons of Love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen
Julie and I were talking about it and we are both convinced it adds many surprising things to the knowledge that is given us in the D&C and bears witness to both the D&C and the Book of Mormon.
Why am I telling you this? It is because it has become one of my "Sacred Stories" of Personal Revelation. While reading this book on my i-pad revelation has come to me that has brought me to tears and strengthening my testimony of how the Lord works.
One example of this is how I came to recognize that our home is a sacred place for me. As I wandered through our home the other morning as the sun was coming up I felt the Spirit of The Lord as the Light of the morning sun came through the window. Also the feelings I had several times as I prayed, kneeling at the sofa and received personal revelations that got me through a heart attack, fractured knees, near nervous break down, & many more challenges.
My Study is where I receive "My Counsel" for the day through my "heart to heart" talks with Heavenly Father. I feel a quiet comforting spirit as I walk into this room.
My Bedroom is "My Memory Room." It is filled with all kinds of memories that have become reasons to set goals that are as sweet as the memories: 50th Anniversary pictures, Wendy's embroidered quote, the mirror that Debby made with Salt Lake Temple in it, My Brother, Al's blue picture of a lighthouse on a hill with the ocean water splashing on the shore, the tall Cinderella doll in a blue dress, the figures that were on our wedding anniversary cake, the dresser that was mine as a teen ager, the cedar chest that my dad made, the crocheted runner that my mother made. These memories bring me close to those who are represented there.
Wendell's study will always be "HIS ROOM" for me - his roll tip desk, computer desk, his pictures & history shelves that Mark Rawlings, Wendy's husband put together for me. My feelings when I go in there become very tender.
All in all I feel like my home is my sacred place.
Now I will let some pictures of Grandpa's bedroom at The Gables and my bedroom at my house tell their story: This is the latest picture of grandpa that I took yesterday by his memories that he can tell you about. He loves to talk about the pictures and the leaves of his "Family Tree." You may not be able to understand all the words, but you can FEEL what he means.
My bed which was in the cabin for many years and in our home here while our daughters slept in it. Grace and I refinished it a few weeks ago. You know the story of the quilt that covers it - my 47 years to make story. The little pig that Cindy gave me. Cinderella in her beautiful blue dress - my favorite fairy tale because she stood for all that was good. The pictures on top are of Wendell and me dancing on our 50th wedding anniversary.
This is a sneaky picture because the things I talk about are NOT what shows up most. Left to right "Little Blue Girl" picture that Wendy gave me and the embroidered plaque she made for me. Center - Mirror that Debby made for us that has the Salt Lake temple on it and has a blue and white ruffle. Lower right hand corner. Bride and groom dancing on one of our wedding anniversary cakes.
A picture that my brother, Al, painted. A runner my mother made and showed me how to keep it nice after you launder and press it carefully: roll it on a tube and fasten it with long pins. A pillow that Joan, Wendell's sister made years ago before she passed away.
The Cedar Chest my father made for me. Made from cedar wood which smells so nice and preserves what you put in it. The style of it was new at that time: the "chest part with a lid on top and two drawers under that.
The dresser that my sister and I had in our bedroom when we were teen agers. It is full of many jewelry memories on top of the doilies I crocheted.
Picture of the family we taught and baptized their son when we were serving a mission on Easter Island. They were able to fly to the main land in Santiago, Chile to go to the temple after we left the island. She carved stories like this one standing in the holder in front on wood to sell. She was sitting on her front porch working on one the first time we met her. The two tiny Moais were given to us by members the day we left the Island and the whole branch came to the air port to see s off.Yes, the Lord works in many ways to help and guide us to be better, to understand our lives more completely, to learn to listen to his counsel to us and put it into practice. All of this to help us to return to Him.
Wendell and I pray for that every time we are together and have our little prayer. God bless us all in our journey to His kingdom. Tons of Love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen
Comments
Post a Comment