Personal Revelation #2 Patriarchal Blessings
October 13, 2018 - Patriarchal Blessings. It was January 19, 1947 when I was 16 that I received my Patriarchal Blessing. As I listened to the Patriarch's words carefully and read it later these words stood out to me above all the rest, "Walk uprightly so that your life might be happy. Choose a good partner in life. That is a very important thing; that, to choose a good partner in life. So I bless you with wisdom, health and good judgement so that you might be wise in your choice."
At that time I was going with a young man. We had talked seriously about marriage. When I read my Patriarchal blessing and prayed for the wisdom that Patriarch Eves had promised me I knew what I needed to do. I had to tell him that I no longer could go out with him and we could not be married. And I did it very soon. It was not easy. In fact it was the hardest thing I had ever done. But I knew it was right.
Then a wonderful thing happened. Remember the boy I threw the Snow Ball at? Yes, he happened along one day, and as we talked and with tears streaming down my face, I shared with him what had happened between me and my boy friend. In his gentle understanding way he comforted me, promising that everything would be alright because I was being obedient to The Lord's counsel to me.
Many times he comforted me and our relationship grew into what became courtship of the sweetest kind; playing tennis together- he even massaged my feet afterward because they hurt; walking home from movies on snowy nights just talking about the things that were fun and important to us; going to the high school dances - oh yes how we loved those dances. After he graduated he even bought a High School activity card so he could get into the dances with me. Planning for his mission. Waiting for him 2 years while he served a mission to the Northern California Mission. Writing to him while he was gone. Both of us SO EXCITED to be back together when he got home.
Things like these are what let me know that what my Patriarchal blessing told me WAS IMPORTANT. And yes, Wendell Nephi Christensen, my sweet husband, is that wonderful person who comforted me, shared fun activities with me and prayed with me. I am so grateful that I heeded the Revelation that came to me from The Lord through Patriarch Eves. This is another example of our Family Motto, "I'll lift Thee and Thee lift me, and together we will ascend."
Pictures: We are still together and looking forward to eternal life together. Here we are at The Gables ready for church. We love to participate with those special people there. They have one of the Bishops in their stake take charge each time. He brings a speaker and a special musical number each time. The Priesthood brothers come to administer the sacrament. The are careful to help those who need extra help. We sing three songs as a congregation: opening, Sacrament and closing. Today Grandpa was able to find the songs in the song book and he sang pretty well.
Here is Grandpa back in "His House" by his family tree.

Here Wendell & Rosalie have a serious talk.
Now we see Mary visiting with Grandpa before she leaves for her mission.
Peggy and her Dad are discussing ??? But it looks serious.
Grace and Chris enjo a hug as they visit after church.
This beautiful dahlia is the last to bloom before the frost hits. I thought it appropriate for this beautiful flower to stand by our Family Motto because this is what these pictures and our message about personal revelation are all about.
At that time I was going with a young man. We had talked seriously about marriage. When I read my Patriarchal blessing and prayed for the wisdom that Patriarch Eves had promised me I knew what I needed to do. I had to tell him that I no longer could go out with him and we could not be married. And I did it very soon. It was not easy. In fact it was the hardest thing I had ever done. But I knew it was right.
Then a wonderful thing happened. Remember the boy I threw the Snow Ball at? Yes, he happened along one day, and as we talked and with tears streaming down my face, I shared with him what had happened between me and my boy friend. In his gentle understanding way he comforted me, promising that everything would be alright because I was being obedient to The Lord's counsel to me.
Many times he comforted me and our relationship grew into what became courtship of the sweetest kind; playing tennis together- he even massaged my feet afterward because they hurt; walking home from movies on snowy nights just talking about the things that were fun and important to us; going to the high school dances - oh yes how we loved those dances. After he graduated he even bought a High School activity card so he could get into the dances with me. Planning for his mission. Waiting for him 2 years while he served a mission to the Northern California Mission. Writing to him while he was gone. Both of us SO EXCITED to be back together when he got home.
Things like these are what let me know that what my Patriarchal blessing told me WAS IMPORTANT. And yes, Wendell Nephi Christensen, my sweet husband, is that wonderful person who comforted me, shared fun activities with me and prayed with me. I am so grateful that I heeded the Revelation that came to me from The Lord through Patriarch Eves. This is another example of our Family Motto, "I'll lift Thee and Thee lift me, and together we will ascend."
Pictures: We are still together and looking forward to eternal life together. Here we are at The Gables ready for church. We love to participate with those special people there. They have one of the Bishops in their stake take charge each time. He brings a speaker and a special musical number each time. The Priesthood brothers come to administer the sacrament. The are careful to help those who need extra help. We sing three songs as a congregation: opening, Sacrament and closing. Today Grandpa was able to find the songs in the song book and he sang pretty well.
Here is Grandpa back in "His House" by his family tree.
Here Wendell & Rosalie have a serious talk.
Now we see Mary visiting with Grandpa before she leaves for her mission.
Peggy and her Dad are discussing ??? But it looks serious.
Grace and Chris enjo a hug as they visit after church.
This beautiful dahlia is the last to bloom before the frost hits. I thought it appropriate for this beautiful flower to stand by our Family Motto because this is what these pictures and our message about personal revelation are all about.
Comments
Post a Comment