Technically Speaking

                                                          Technically Speaking
                                                             November 9, 2018

"Technically Moses is the first man to download files from the cloud using a tablet."  (I found that quote in some article I read this week & it started me thinking about how we receive revelation.)

Downloading files from The Deseret News Voices pages 10 & 11 - "This is the power of gathering - it inspires us, delightfully to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful, more alive." (American chf & Author - Alice Waters)  Gathering in uplifting groups is strengthening to each individual.  An example I had a week ago is when I attended the monthly Singles Fireside that is sponsored by the Stake Presidency. A Returned Missionary couple, my very long time friends, Don and Joyce Cowley were the speakers. They spoke about their mission to the Islands and it was more than inspiring. They handed out a copy of a song that they sang in their island which became their Island Song. I kept my copy and will put it with my journal. I am also sending a copy to Mary to use if she wants to on her mission.  After the meeting part we went to the fun room by the kitchen for refreshments and visiting.  Now that is another form of "Ministering."  I felt so uplifted when I left that I can testify that "gathering" in uplifting groups has a power that inspires us.

President Nelson's counsel to us: I plead with each of you to read every one of President Nelson's talks from the last General Conference.  I will share just a couple of his teachings that have already influenced my life: Heavenly Father doesn't just temporarily "fix" something for us, he continues to bless us with challenges that will make us perfect - if we follow his leads.

 Example: I had called Vivint a week or so ago to get our service updated.  She took care of it there at the control center, but the information had to be manually put into the unit on our wall by a live employee.
The Vivint man came at 2:45 (while I was napping) it took him over two hours to get everything finished up because all entries had to be changed on our panel to just my name and that was a lot of coordinating between him here, and the persons talking to him on the panel. He needed three things that I had put away somewhere: the extra auto-lock key which I had put in the drawer of the hutch. The two emergency callers which I didn't know where they were. The plug-in for the garage door that I didn't know where it was. As he worked with his helpers I searched for these things.
This is what I wrote about it after reading in the Topical Guide, from “Jesus Christ, Messiah.”
Moses 6:52 – Jesus Christ, the only name which shall be given under heaven, whereby salvation shall come unto the children of men, he shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, asking all things in his name, and whatsoever ye shall ask, it shall be given you. (This very thing happened to me yesterday when I couldn't find something for the man who was fixing our Vivint monitor that protects our home from invaders. I sat down in my big chair in this room and prayed, asking Heavenly Father to tell me
where it was and He told me. I went there and found it. I could hardly believe it, but I knew without a doubt that my prayer had been answered directly. Then He led me to the other two things that I needed to find for the fixer man. I was and am so grateful!!!)
The Vivint man was so kind to me as he paid attention to his work and also some of mine. He took the green can out to the road for me because it was too heavy for me. He brought a big package that had been delivered on the porch in for me. He listened to my stories and looked at my pictures of Chris and Rosie's Wedding when there was waiting time in his work. I do appreciate his good works.
When he left at 3:45 I was really tired. I had a nap that lasted more than an hour. It was 5:30 when I waked and needed to decide how to finish my day. After praying about it I chose to make the card for Jennie's baby shower, write the check for Mary's mission & get it ready to mail to her Bishop. In the process I found Bradley's address and got it on his birthday card. Then fixed my supper and ate while I watched the Andy Griffin show. Bed was very welcome after I did my exercises.

Another example from Pres. Nelson's counsel to strengthen families through home centered & church supported plans: For me, I need to meet with our families, one family at a time, once a week for a fun and uplifting on line Family Home Evening.  We need to be more in touch with what is going on with each other and minister to each other.  I will be calling you to figure out the best way to meet with your family.  One way is on Marco Polo.

THOUGHTS take us everywhere, to places we choose to go, to places we are carried by music, movies, machines, mistakes, memories.  Sometimes it is good to have things to listen to so that our thoughts are steared in a positive direction.  Other times it is needful to have quiet to let our minds work on its own.  Sometimes we can choose between the peace and quiet and the help of something to listen to.  Other times it is not our choice.  What do we do then to stay on the straight and narrow path?  That is my question for you to think about and send me your answer.











                                     This is what it is all about:


                                                                           
                           Tons of love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS