That's Progress
"That's Progress," I think when I look at our Family Motto, "I lift thee and thee lift me and together we will ascend." So this is a report of Grandpa's and Grandma's PROGRESS last week. The pictures tell the story:
Last Monday I took my clippers with me and performed a miracle cut on Wendell's hair. It had gotten out of control. Left - All ready to cut. Right - all finished. Just at my tall handsome husband!

Tuesday found us having fun playing shut the box. Wendell was sharp as a tack. He could count the dots on the dice, recognize the numbers on the pegs and turn them down without any problem. Dr. Brent visited him this day & said he was doing well.
This was the calm before the storm.
On Wednesday, when Peggy was going to pick me up to go to Jennie's to see their new baby an the rest of the family I got a surprise when I went to see Wendell he was totally irrational, couldn't do anything for himself nor understand directions. So I quickly cancelled my appointment with Peggy and got my Ali's angel changed to Friday and stayed with Wendell all day. I gave him lots of Gatorade and by about 4:00 he was getting more perky. By dinner time 5:00 he was able to go to the dining area in his wheelchair and have the evening meal. Jannie and I talked and decided we need to keep the Gatorade given to him as a prescription every day in a greater amount than they have been giving him - Sometimes none at all. It will be put on his medical instructions at that desk. I will be responsible to supply the Gatorade and put it in his refrigerator. Sooooo....

The next day I brought 10 bottles up to his room and put them in that tiny refrigerator. He watched me bring them in trying to figure out what I was doing.
Then on Saturday I met with the head doctor, we call him Dr. M. because we can't pronounce his name (but he can - very rapidly). He went over the records of all Wendell's medications and is making some changes in them to better fit his needs. He has to give the information to the head Simbi nurse and she has to give it to Dr. Brent Scow who gives it to the pharmacy and informs Jannie who puts the instructions on their medical instructions for the workers in charge of that. Kind of complicated, hu?
Today Wendell is doing much better. We went to church. He was very attentive to the messages and testimonies and he tried to find the right numbers in the song book for one song.
So...That's progress.
Now just a quick "catch-up" on other things: Chris and Rosie have started moving their things to their new house in Bountiful. I am glad to see some of you putting pictures of our great grandchildren of "Pollo." And I love to hear from all of you on "Pollo" and in any other way. Cindy arrived yesterday and went to Logan to visit her friend there for a couple of days and then she will be back here.
That wraps it up for this time. A happy Grandpa and a happier Grandma say, We love you all more that we can ever put into words.
Last Monday I took my clippers with me and performed a miracle cut on Wendell's hair. It had gotten out of control. Left - All ready to cut. Right - all finished. Just at my tall handsome husband!
Tuesday found us having fun playing shut the box. Wendell was sharp as a tack. He could count the dots on the dice, recognize the numbers on the pegs and turn them down without any problem. Dr. Brent visited him this day & said he was doing well. This was the calm before the storm.
On Wednesday, when Peggy was going to pick me up to go to Jennie's to see their new baby an the rest of the family I got a surprise when I went to see Wendell he was totally irrational, couldn't do anything for himself nor understand directions. So I quickly cancelled my appointment with Peggy and got my Ali's angel changed to Friday and stayed with Wendell all day. I gave him lots of Gatorade and by about 4:00 he was getting more perky. By dinner time 5:00 he was able to go to the dining area in his wheelchair and have the evening meal. Jannie and I talked and decided we need to keep the Gatorade given to him as a prescription every day in a greater amount than they have been giving him - Sometimes none at all. It will be put on his medical instructions at that desk. I will be responsible to supply the Gatorade and put it in his refrigerator. Sooooo....

The next day I brought 10 bottles up to his room and put them in that tiny refrigerator. He watched me bring them in trying to figure out what I was doing. Then on Saturday I met with the head doctor, we call him Dr. M. because we can't pronounce his name (but he can - very rapidly). He went over the records of all Wendell's medications and is making some changes in them to better fit his needs. He has to give the information to the head Simbi nurse and she has to give it to Dr. Brent Scow who gives it to the pharmacy and informs Jannie who puts the instructions on their medical instructions for the workers in charge of that. Kind of complicated, hu?
Today Wendell is doing much better. We went to church. He was very attentive to the messages and testimonies and he tried to find the right numbers in the song book for one song.
So...That's progress.
Now just a quick "catch-up" on other things: Chris and Rosie have started moving their things to their new house in Bountiful. I am glad to see some of you putting pictures of our great grandchildren of "Pollo." And I love to hear from all of you on "Pollo" and in any other way. Cindy arrived yesterday and went to Logan to visit her friend there for a couple of days and then she will be back here.
That wraps it up for this time. A happy Grandpa and a happier Grandma say, We love you all more that we can ever put into words.

Comments
Post a Comment