Christmas Mystery and Miracles
CHRISTMAS MYSTERY & MIRACLES
The day of December 26th was
quite amazing. I spent most of the day with Wendell. Mark and his
family joined us in the afternoon and brought with them the wonderful
Family Tree picture that Debby and Miranda had made for us. I was so
excited to see it and Wendell was confusedly excited. He wasn't able
to understand how to tell how to identify relationships, but he knew
it stood for our family and he loved everyone. We all expressed our
amazement of this creation that makes it easier for me to get an
accurate count of our family.
It was the next day that I found out
the miracle about it's delivery. I Called Debby to let her know we
love the gift she sent – the family tree picture. Then she told me
the whole story of how come Mark was bringing it to us personally. I
thought she had mailed it. She laughed and said that Mark was taking
pictures of me on “Polo” as he gave it to me to open. Then
explained that instead of mailing it Miranda sent a copy to Walmart
on line, Walmart printed it, Mark picked it up and put it in a frame
& wrapped it then brought it to me. All this on their way from
his house to The Gables. And now he was filming me on Marco Polo as
I opened it. What an adventure!!! Miranda helped Debby make it. It is so special I love it and Wendell is beginning to understand it, but he says he loves it already because it is family. Look on "Polo" to see it.
Debby asked if another package had
come in the mail. I told her “No.” She said it should have been
here a week ago and she would “track it.” Look on "Polo" to see it.
The next day Debby called and said
that she tracked the package and it was delivered 6 days ago. That
lit up a memory in my mind of the little package I had waiting on the
counter to be identified. It came with only the identification of
“PRIOROTY MAIL” “DANIELLE JOY DESIGNS.” I told Debby this
and quickly got the little package open. There was a darling
necklace with the words to a song we used to sing together when our
daughters were little: “I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel
and peck and a hug around the neck.” That is where it stops on the
necklace, but the song goes on, “A hug around the neck and a barrel
and a squeeze, a barrel and a squeeze and I'm talk'in in my sleep
about you. About you.”
e to help me take down the outdoor Christmas lights and manger scene; also the Nativity sets I have indoors. That was a lot of intricate work but they worked through it like a whirl wind. I kind of stayed on the edge of that fast movement and was able to be of some help anyway. When we finished we posed for pictures (they were moving too fast to get pictures during the working time). Then they popped up like they hadn't done any work and headed out for their New Year's Party. I had a nap!
The same day, there was another “whirl
wind” very early in the morning. It sounded like big trucks going
by. When I looked out the window I saw Mark Dupree's truck with its
special snow scooper on the front just ready to go up the block
after cleaning both of our drive ways. In a twinkling of an eye he
was gone.
New Years day was so special for me.
“It is like The Sweetest Story Ever Told.” Do you know that
song? My written plan in my planning book listed going to see
Wendell in the afternoon. When I prayed The Spirit told me, The time
of day isn't too important, let it fit into other appointments. But
after I had made a call and found out that I had no appointments for
this holiday, the Spirit whispered, “Do NOT be in a hurry. You may
want to have lunch with Wendell. That changed everything. I set
aside all that I was going to do and gathered my things that I take
when I go see Wendell and was off.
That was when “The Sweetest Story”
began. Wendell was sitting in his wheelchair in the “sitting room”
just staring into space. I touched his shoulder and said, “Happy
New Year Sweetheart.” His big smile and pretend kiss told me he
was glad to see me.
We went to his room and as we came to
the little cabinet with the snow man and the girl holding a snowball
was we stopped. I picked it up and asked him if he could find the
red button to push to start it playing. It took a couple of tries,
but HE DID IT! (SMILE). We listened to the music and laughed and
clapped our hands to celebrate the fact that he had done something
that he hadn't been able to figure out before.
By that time it was time to go to
lunch. We enjoyed our meal there in the dining area together and
then went to “our room” to have a nap. After I massaged his
shoulder I tucked him into bed amid lots of sweet loving words from
my sweetheart and my tender words for him. When he was satisfied
that I was going to stay there he dropped off to sleep and I got my
“bed” - the big light brown chair and his wheelchair put front to
front, put my feet and legs on the wheelchair and the rest of me on
the light brown chair and soon there was two of us asleep.
After about 45 minutes I heard a
little singing coming from his bed and sure enough he was waking up.
I moved to sit by his side on the edge of his bed and we had the
sweetest conversation, part of which we revealed to each other that
Heavenly Father talks to us about each other. That was very special
to know. We talked about many things that were tender and so
meaningful to both of us. This is the first time we have been able
to really converse for...I don't know how long. When I left it was
comfortable for both of us to say, “By, see you tomorrow.” That
is THE SWEETEST STORY EVER TOLD.
Love, Mom & Dad / Gr. & Gr.
Christensen




Comments
Post a Comment