CONTINUING
LOOKING BACK
Santa visited The Gables. He made a special visit to Wendell in his room after greeting those in the main room. Jannie, the Director of The Gables took this picture and sent it to me on my cell phone.
It is precious to me.
Family Group picture for 2018 taken by Matt. Pierce with his Drone.
When Wendell could go visiting we went to see Mark and his family at their place. Wendell was able to enjoy those kind of outings and you can see he was happy here.
 |
| Look who gets a ride in Wendell's wheelchair at his home at The Gables. Aubrey is having fun too, pushing Emery. |
 |
| Wendy & Wendell checking out pictures on her cell phone during her Christmas visit at his home at the gables. |
 |
| Mark came to put a mew metal base frame for the bed in the bedroom downstairs at my home. here he is just getting started. |
 |
| Here he celebrates being finished. |
 |
| Julie and Monte visit Wendell at lunch time. |
 |
| One evening a family group came to The Gables to give a program for the people there. Wendell and I were in his room and he didn't want to go to the program. I needed to get something for him and when I walked down the hall I could hear the oldest daughter playing the song my father used to play so beautifully. The mother and I talked as we listened to their other music and I told her how I loved that one song because it reminded me of my father. She asked if Wendell & I would like them to come to his room and play for him. They did and it was the best gift of love Wendell could have received. He loved every minute of it. |
 |
| You are probably wondering what this is all about. It is a heart that appeared on Wendell's arm "out of the clear blue sky." No one knows where it came from. But I think it is a sign of how he loves people & his goodness. |
 |
| This is my new bed added to my room after I sold the old one. I had them bring it down from the cabin and Grace & I varnished it. Then I put my quilt on it that took me 45 years to complete. |
 |
| What a treasure Cindy and I found when we went through the things from the closet downstairs. This is an old train set I gave to my daddy when I was a teen age girl. It had little cars that went around the tracks and under the bridges. There was a note that was with it written by me. It was so faded that we could hardly read it. |
 |
| Wendell gets a hair cut at the gables by me, his forever barber. I am taking the picture of us in the mirror. |
 |
Chris' family after their wedding reception
So now we have done a lot of "looking back" in this "Continue." We hope you have enjoyed journeying with us for fun. |
Comments
Post a Comment