BE NOT AFRAID


“BE NOT AFRAID”

March 10, 2018

Dear Family,
The past three weeks has been a battle for me because of the battle I had with my car and the shelves I park it next to. For those of you who don't know, three weeks ago when I came home from visiting Wendell and grocery shopping I parked the car in the garage next to the shelves where I always park it. Then got the bags of groceries out of the trunk. Then I decided that I would get something out of the front seat of the car. Opened the door on the passengers side and swung it open, reached in to get whatever it was, when that door swung to close and smashed me against the shelves. I got a hard blow to my left neck and my left hip. I hurt so bad I wasn't sure I could get into the house.
Since than I have had much help from those “Ministers” in my ward who gave me a blessing and those who came to my assistance. Then I had another challenge come to me when I waked up a couple of days ago and could hardly walk again. I decided to see my medical doctor. My sweet neighbor took me for that visit and the outcome was rather scary. The ex-rays he had them take showed me a backbone that I couldn't believe was mine.
So now I am on a very strong medication for pain and bones. This story is the prelude to what I really want to tell you.
When I went to bed last night I was not sure what the next day would bring. I just knew that I had to trust in Heavenly Father for guidance. When I got up this morning I was really hesitant as to what I should expect of myself. I knelt and prayed a very fervent prayer. This was the answer He gave me, “Yes 3 pills a day is better. Remember you do have the strength you need. Yes you can go downstairs safely. Be not afraid. Remember, Think positive & never give up and “Disappointment is a Challenge, not a defeat.”
I knew what I needed to do. I did go downstairs to get the KM that I needed. I did make all the preparations to drive over to see Wendell. I did what I needed to do for him at The Gables. I did think positive thoughts and talk with others in happy ways. Wendell & I did share a sweet time together. I did stop in to the Bishop's office to give him our Donations (which I forgot last Sunday). And I do feel quite well.
I tell you all of this because of our reading assignment for this week in “COME FOLLOW ME.” The first reading assignment is Matthew 10 with the title “The Lord gives His servants power to do His work.” After I read it the other day I wrote in the space provided, “When I follow his counsel I am able to do the calling.” Under “Impressions I receive” I wrote, “I can progress to become what I need to if I work to progress from where I start to doing better and better.”
That study time might have been the key to helping me do what I did today. I am grateful for this new program that Heavenly Father has guided our wonderful President Nelson and his counselors and the Apostles to give to us. And though I was already committed to continuing to study it, I am even more so now. I strongly recommend it to every one of you and to study it with your family.
I am sure that Grandpa agrees with me because when we ended our visit today his sweet prayer was tender about our love for each other and our family and thanking Heavenly Father for all of our blessings.
Much love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS