DREAMS THAT COME TRUE
DREAMS THAT COME TRUE
![]() |
| Wendell, Mark & Wendy at Wendell's after taking him for a ride around town then having Strawberry Short Cake in his room. We went to church with him in the morning. |
![]() |
| Wendell and Rosalie. Are we ever happy? Wendy got Wendell laughing as she took the picture. |
![]() |
| Selfie of Wendell and me while waiting for lunch at the Gables today. |
![]() |
| Some of the residents watching a cartoon that the characters were like "outer space" critters today. |
“Somewhere over the rainbow, way up
high, there's a land that I heard of that I heard of once in a
lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are
blue, and the dreams that you dare to wish really do come true.”
“If wishes were horses then beggars
would ride.”
This week in our family wonderful
wishes were granted three times: once to Rosie Rawlings, once to Kami
Dupree and once to Aleah Dupree. Rosie's and Kami's pictures on
“Pollo” were so great. And Debby's report about Aleah was
exciting to hear. My heart fills with admiration for each of them
for I know the achievements they made in their own fields of study
were not come by easily. “Wishes and hopes are wonderful, but what
really counts is the work that makes it happen.
Experience has taught me that prayer,
faith, determination, trust in the Lord, and never give up are the
keys to this kind of success. So my hope is that all of our family
will use these “keys” to reach the goals (wishes) you have. We
are grateful for each of you who we are honoring today and grateful
for all of our family and all the goodness that is shown by everyone
of our 120 family members. We pray for you every day and keep your
names in the temple by families. In other words we love you with all
our heart.
Today as I visited with Wendell we
talked about our family and where you are living, about that we are
married for time and all eternity. He is having a hard time keeping
that concept in his memory. Thank goodness resurrection will bring
it all back to him. I cherish the time I spend with him in “his
home.”
…..........................................................................................................
Now I will share with you my latest
dream goal that has lasted for many years and finally is about to
be fulfilled. How many of you are old enough remember when we used
to hike up the mountain for our Easter Celebration and roll our hard
boiled Easter Eggs down the hill? How we would hunt for the
surprises the Easter Bunny would leave for us? How one time we saw
the Easter Bunny running across one spot and went over to where he
went. There we found a chest full of treats? We had such a lot of
fun. Do you remember???
As the years passed by we noticed that
the waterfall that we liked to hike to would start running just a few
days before Easter and stop a few days after Easter. So we started
calling the water fall “Easter Falls.” About 20 years ago I
decided to ask the City Government if they would approve of
officially calling it Easter Falls. They said it was on State
Government property and I should talk to them. So I did. They
granted me the permission and put it officially on their state map.
I was so happy!
Then a few years ago I started
thinking that there should be a sign up there to let people know that
it does have a name. So I called the state government office and
asked for permission. Now, they said that it was on city property
and I would have to get permission from the city. Well, after being
referred to four different offices I finally talked to a man who
worked very hard to get the information we needed because what he
found out through talking to four different county offices, was that
a man had bought it and so it was now on private property and he had
to get permission from that man. He did that. So then could find
someone who would be willing to put up the sign for us.
First I contacted the Young Men's
leader and they were making plans in one of their meetings when
Sister Jex heard of what was needed. She teaches for a private
school called Promontory School of Expeditionary Learning. She
called me and told me that they love to do projects like ours and
asked if I would like them to do it for us. WOULD I EVER!!! So the
deal was made and she invited me to come out to their school and tell
the children our Easter Falls story.
I did so last week and it was a
wonderful experience for me - a little old lady who moves slowly and
talks softly. But she had me sit on a chair with a microphone in my
hand so I could be heard well and as I watched the four teachers come
in, one at a time, leading their smiling 25 students who waved at me
and seating each one individually, I was totally impressed and in
love with them.
They liked my story and participated
with quietly raised hands to my questions. I was so impressed and
they were excited to be able to help design the sign, hike up to the
falls to see it a couple of days after this program, and then when
the sign is finished, help put it up. What a dream come true for me.
It will take a few months to actually be up there, but worth waiting
for.
The thing about these two stories is
that we don't have to dream over a rainbow or wish over a horse like
the bedtime stories and old fables tell. All we need to do is put
our faith and hope and trust in The Lord, that he will hear our
prayers and give us the help we need.
REMINDER: JULY 27TH 2019 MARKED ON YOUR
CALENDAR “FAMILY REUNION.”




Comments
Post a Comment