HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
May 12, 2019

Taylor & Hailey
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
![]() |
| Wendell, Mark & Wendy |
![]() |
| Rosalie & Wendell |
Dear Family, On this beautiful Mother's
day I can truly say that this has been a “Mother's Day Weekend
rather than just one day. It started last Sunday when Wendy and
Mark were here bringing two beautiful Plants to go in my flower
garden out front to celebrate Mother's day early. We enjoyed a sweet
visit with Wendell and took him for a ride. After we got him back to
“his home” very tired and tucked into bed. We came to my house where she prepared a delicious meal from all the ingredients she brought. You know how she is a gourmet cook.

Taylor & Hailey
Debby and Mike
![]() |
| Karen, Emery, Collin, and Taylor |
![]() |
| Kami admires her cake. |
After my visit with Wendell, Debby and Mike came to take me to dinner at “Ricardo's” Restaurant where we found All of Mark and Kami's family – Emery, Taylor, Hailey, & Collin. (Aubrey was missing), Karen and her two boys, Peter and Tommy. Mark and Kami were planning on going to Maddox, but couldn't get a reservation. Someone said that I liked Ricardo's and they decided that would be good. They were not disappointed. In fact they loved it. From there we went to Mark and Kami's for cake and Ice Cream to celebrate Kami's graduation. What a happy bunch we were.
Mark was kind to bring me home when I
got tired and while he was here he got my water turned on to water
the whole yard. That meant turning on the main control and checking
every spigot. Hailey was a good help to him. How much I appreciate
all he does for me. I cannot put into strong enough words how much I appreciate the many ways he helps me. Kami
supports him in doing those things plus I call on her now and again
for her expertise. I am very blessed.
Today, the official “Mothers Day” was a normal Sunday except for my neighbor, Kathy Peck, rang my
doorbell at 7:30 am to bring me two beautiful roses for Mothers Day
and Nancy came a little later with a planter of baby shade flowers
and greenery to keep on the patio table for Mother's Day.
I went to church with Wendell and had
lunch with him. During church He sang beautifully because he had his
glasses on and his hearing aids in. That makes all the difference in
the world for him. We stayed right there for lunch and he ate
heartily and was soon ready for his nap. We traveled by wheelchair to his room and I prepared his bed for him. During the
process he started taking his hearing aids out. I reminded him that
he needs to “LEAVE THEM IN.” But without them in he couldn't
hear me and somehow one of them disappeared. To make a very long
story short I got very sharp with him as I chastised him. Then after
the lost was found I felt VERY BAD AND REPENTANT at how I had talked
to him. I asked his forgiveness and he just smiled and offered me a
kiss. Just like a little child. I love him so much and cherish my
time with him. I do not want to spoil it with being unkind to him in
any way. I still felt so bad and prayed hard to ask Heavenly Father
to forgive me too.
This episode of my life reminds me of
the teachings we have been studying about in the “Come Follow Me”
Lessons. I hope you are all following them and gaining a greater
love for the gospel and The Lord. I want to share with you what
Julie shared with me to help understand those lessons more fully: It
is a program called “Don't Miss This.” She put the step by
step directions on “Pollo” for me. You can go there to see them.
It is on U-TUBE. If you already use U-tube or know how to use it
just go there and to the symbol for finding something and ask for
“Don't Miss This.”
Love and hugs to everyone, Gr. &
Gr. Christensen.





Comments
Post a Comment