THE EYE OF A NEEDLE - May 21, 2019



THE EYE OF A NEEDLE – May 21, 2019
Dear Family, Grandpa and I see so many challenges in our family and so much good too as we catch glimpses of the ways you help each other in kind and loving ways. We get most of this information in the form of communication via email, phone calls, MarcoPollo and an occasional reply to our family letter. Today I am communicating via email & Family letter to share with you what I learned studying “Come Follow Me” from the May 13 – 19 assignment: “What Lack I Yet?”
I will only comment on one part of the whole lesson. That is from Mark 10:17- 27 (I continued for 5 more verses.) “It is harder for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God than for a camel to go through “THE EYE OF A NEEDLE.” Then qualifies it, “but not with God, for with God all things are possible.” The story does not tell whether he followed Jesus or not. If he did he was blessed even though he did not give ALL his riches to the poor. (Actually today many of our church leaders have great riches.) The important part of the scripture is “but not with God, for with God all things are possible.” That is what we all must remember and count on no matter what our challenges are. Remember part of our family motto to take disappointments as a challenge not a defeat!.
I also remembered the comments by the two Seminary teachers on the program “Don”t Miss This” that I talked about in another letter. They went through this scripture very thoroughly and came out with the same conclusion, that with God all things are possible. By the way their shows are on U-tube. Julie put the directions on MarcoPollo for us to follow step by step or if you already know how to use U-tube just do it.
Sherry Dew, in her little book, “Oh How We Need Each Other”, quotes the Prophet Smith: “The love of God flowed from heart to heart till the wicked one seemed powerless in his efforts to get between us and the Lord, and his cruel darts, in some instances, were shorn of their sting” (page 16).
The assignment for this lesson was to ask ourself, “What lack I yet?” I did. The answer I received was, “Repent of Pride and loosing your temper.” I know that is what I needed to hear. And I realize that, as time goes on I will need to keep asking “What lack I yet?” ; because I will never be perfect in this life.
We pray for all of you every day that you will remember “WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.” And that you will do the assignment in the lesson. We would love it if you would share your findings with us.

He built a castle with his empty dishes last week
Today I visited him from 1:00 to
2:45.  He didn't wake up, even
with touching him and talking
to him and reading to him. So
I tried giving him his harmonica,
That worked for one song.  Then
he was gone again.  With the
help of one of the aids we got him
into his wheelchair and in for
dinner.  He ate all of his meal and was
still hungry.  They brought him
 another full meal and that was soon gone.   
A SHORT UPDATE ON GRANDPA: The last couple of weeks he has been showing more and more signs of sinking more deeply into the disease. Still there are the days that he is quite “with it.” On those days we can actually have a meaningful communication. Other days making sense out of his “words” is almost impossible. But he is ALWAYS SWEET AND KIND AND TRIES TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE INSTRUCTIONS WE GIVE HIM. Still it is hard for him to understand and so he is puzzled.  But he always knows he LOVES HIS FAMILY. 

After dinner we came back to his room where one of the aids, named Lindsey, came to help me.  He followed directions with great effort by both of us to get up and turn and sit on his bed.  He & I had a little while of visiting where his words were back to mumbling and asking questions that I don't think he knew what he was saying.  If I asked him to repeat it for me he couldn't remember what he had said.  The only thing we could both understand was that WE LOVE EACH OTHER.   

I should also tell you that some of the staff, Jannie and I talked about moving him to room #1 where he is closer to the office and they can get to him quicker when his bell rings.  There are some pros and cons to that plan that they are evaluating.  The room is exactly the same as his is now so there would be no problem in making the move.  

We love you all more than we can put into words and appreciate all that you do for us.
          Love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS