TOO SMALL


TOO SMALL – March 17, 2019
Dear Family,
“If you think you are too small to make a difference – consider the bite of a tiny mosquito.” That is a quote from something I read or heard and I just jotted it down without a reference. But it has come to mean a lot to me.
Today, reading this week's Church news I was so impressed with the article titled, “Events in Rome are a 'hinge point' for the world. It quotes Pres. Nelson, “The church is going to have an unprecedented future, unparalleled. We're just building up to what's ahead now.”
It brought to my mind that the world has been preparing for this since Adam (Michael the archangel) and Eve were placed on the earth. Joseph Smith brought The Book of Mormon, The D&C, & The Pearl of Great Price. Our Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Presidents each have added revelations for building the Kingdom of God. The thousands of missionaries have taken “The Word” to tens of thousands of people who have been baptized, Each one of these people alone is a very small part of the whole story. BUT each one did their part so that we now have that miracle of President Nelson and every member of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in the Rome Italy Temple and President Nelson meeting personally with The Pope. The Dedication of the temple, the picture of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles with the statues of the anchant Twelve Apostles along with other stories made clear that this is truly a moment in history to remember.
The truth to the story is that no one person could have done it alone. There were thousands of every day people who listened to the promptings of The Lord that made it possible. – like the bite of a tiny mosquito.
Pres. Nelson gave us a promise that we each can be like the tiny mosquito when he said in his last conference talk, “Brothers and sisters, I thank you for your faith and sustaining efforts. I leave my love and blessing upon you, that you may feast upon the word of the Lord and apply His teachings in your personal lives. I assure you that revelation continues in the Church and will continue until “the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done......I bless you with increased faith in Him and in His holy work, with faith and patience to endure your personal challenges in life. I bless you to become exemplary Latter-day Saints. I so bless you and bear my testimony that God lives! Jesus is the Christ! This is His Church. We are His people, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.”
With President Nelson's words still in our mind let us move on to another way we can grow into the “calling” to be like a tiny mosquito by turning to “COME, FOLLOW ME,” our new study outline for this year.
As I studied the section, “My heart must be prepared to receive the word of God.” (Matthew 13:3-8 & 13-23; Mosiah 2:9 & 3:19; & Alma 12:10,11; 32: 28-43). I remembered what had happened to me the night before and realized that I had not listened and heeded the promptings of the spirit.
I was getting ready to take my new prescription pill when the phone rang. I answered it and found it to be an important call. My Nephew, Ralph Bradly, was calling to let me know that Wendell's brother, Lloyd, had passed away, when the funeral would be, etc. When we were finished talking I went back to the kitchen to finish what I was doing....“Oh yes, I was going to take my pill,” I thought. So I got the pill bottle out and proceed to take the pill. It did not want to go down my throat, but I tipped my head back as I took another big swallow of water to MAKE it go down. It went down alright. However, by the time I went to bed I was feeling dizzy and confused feelings in my head. I went to bed thinking they would be gone by morning. They were better, but not gone. I talked to Heavenly Father about my problem and how I wanted and needed to visit Wendell that Sabbath Day to go to church with him and also tell him about his brother's death.
My answer was clear: The spirit had warned me not to take the pill that I had forced down because I had already taken my night pill but had forgotten it because of the phone call. He cautioned me to listen to the Spirit more carefully. I repented sincerely and asked for help to be able to go see Wendell. My prayer was answered as I drove safely to his home at The Gables and spent a very sweet time with him at church, where he sang so beautifully and we talked after church about his brother's death. He was not at all upset about it, rather his countenance was very peaceful, almost smiling. This was really unusual behavior for him. We were having a real conversation which doesn't happen very often.
I did have a bit of a “hangover” as I still felt a bit “crazy headed” driving to church at my own 24th ward. But I was SAFE !!! and after a nap I was pretty much back to my normal self. I remembered the other part of what the Spirit told me, “You will still have to experience the normal reaction to overdosing.” Heavenly Father is so kind and loving in the way he teaches us by allowing us to make the decisions and learn from our mistakes.
My hope is that you will love this “MARCH 18 – 24” reading assignment as you apply it to your own needs, challenges, and understandings. And that you will have the answer to being “too small.” Also reading & watching “NOW IS THE TIME” conference talk by Elder Jack N. Gerard – last session – October 2018.
Tons of love, Gr. & Gr. Christensen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS