HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE -July 21, 2019
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE -July 21, 2019
Dear Family, This is something I learned quite by accident. Last year when I came out into the parking lot at the Brigham City Temple after a Session I went directly to my car. There, under the windshield wiper was a note. I immediately pulled it out and read the sad news that this lady had bumped my car and she wanted me to call her to give her my name so she could pay for the damage.
I thought, "My goodness what an honest trustworthy person this person is." So I did call her and she gave me the name & number of her insurance company. I called them for an appointment and sure enough, within a few days the scrape was all gone and I was delighted. I Called her to let her know the good news and also the adventure that I had to pick it up. She was amazed.
You are wondering, "What was the adventure?" When I went to pick up my car the man who had it for me said he would take me to the lot where it was parked. As we drove out of Brigham City I asked him where the parking lot was. "In Ogden." He replied. I thought, that's Ok, I don't mind a little ride. But then with I learned that I would be driving it back to Brigham City I was not very happy. I hadn't driven outside of Brigham City myself for over a year.
But it all worked out just fine. Except for one turn that took me off on an expedition along the mountain front, through roads marked of by tall orange markers for making the road wider, identifying which direction I should turn at intersections by lining the direction up with the mountain peaks that I knew very well, praying a lot and singing happy songs. Sure enough I found myself arriving right on the familiar road into Brigham City. HOORAY! A sweet adventure that taught me many things.
One of them was that if I ever bumped into a parked car that no one was in I would certainly leave a note to have them call me. Well...just the other day it happened. And I did leave a note under the windshield wiper. And I did receive a call from her and gave her the information to call my A.A.R.P insurance for her directions to get it fixed. She was grateful and as we talked I told her about my having received a note under my windshield wiper and how I thought to myself, "I wish I had received a note for every scratch or ding my car has received; and I vowed that if I ever bumped a car I would do the same thing. She replied, "I like that idea. I will remember to do the same if the opportunity comes to me." We decided that is a good way to make new friends. She lives in California so the plan may spread all over there also.
Do you have any thoughts of adopting this plan also??? I hope so. It sure is a sweet way to have a happy conscience.
Speaking of being happy I want to tell you about our "HAPPY PAPPY" today. When dinner time came he found himself surrounded by people who cared so much about his welfare that his smiles came often with his form of singing. He was also involved with flying with the angels and even talking with them. Peggy and I were there with him at first when they brought the sacrament to us. Then Wendy joined us and the loving talk went on - most of it was in "Angel language."
Peggy had to leave to make sure she would get to the 24th ward meetings. She needed to talk to them about some things for our Family Reunion.
One of the nurses who has been there for Wendell since he came to The Gables was on duty and came in to help him. She stayed for a while as Wendy and I chatted with her about our sweet Wendell. She mentioned how completely "Good" he is and her actions for him were tender and respectful. He returned the same to her in Angel Language and a smile. It gave Wendy and Me a happy feeling to go along with what we had heard Wendell say as he was talking to "someone." "???? Did you see Jesus?" "????? We will see about that." Were some of the words we could understand. Part of the time he was flying air planes. He was having quite a time today. Also, for a long time he has been reaching out his hand to get something and then want hand it to me or who ever was by him.
That's about it for today. We love you all and pray for you when we are together and alone. Much love, Grandpa and Grandma Christensen.
Dear Family, This is something I learned quite by accident. Last year when I came out into the parking lot at the Brigham City Temple after a Session I went directly to my car. There, under the windshield wiper was a note. I immediately pulled it out and read the sad news that this lady had bumped my car and she wanted me to call her to give her my name so she could pay for the damage.
I thought, "My goodness what an honest trustworthy person this person is." So I did call her and she gave me the name & number of her insurance company. I called them for an appointment and sure enough, within a few days the scrape was all gone and I was delighted. I Called her to let her know the good news and also the adventure that I had to pick it up. She was amazed.
You are wondering, "What was the adventure?" When I went to pick up my car the man who had it for me said he would take me to the lot where it was parked. As we drove out of Brigham City I asked him where the parking lot was. "In Ogden." He replied. I thought, that's Ok, I don't mind a little ride. But then with I learned that I would be driving it back to Brigham City I was not very happy. I hadn't driven outside of Brigham City myself for over a year.
But it all worked out just fine. Except for one turn that took me off on an expedition along the mountain front, through roads marked of by tall orange markers for making the road wider, identifying which direction I should turn at intersections by lining the direction up with the mountain peaks that I knew very well, praying a lot and singing happy songs. Sure enough I found myself arriving right on the familiar road into Brigham City. HOORAY! A sweet adventure that taught me many things.
One of them was that if I ever bumped into a parked car that no one was in I would certainly leave a note to have them call me. Well...just the other day it happened. And I did leave a note under the windshield wiper. And I did receive a call from her and gave her the information to call my A.A.R.P insurance for her directions to get it fixed. She was grateful and as we talked I told her about my having received a note under my windshield wiper and how I thought to myself, "I wish I had received a note for every scratch or ding my car has received; and I vowed that if I ever bumped a car I would do the same thing. She replied, "I like that idea. I will remember to do the same if the opportunity comes to me." We decided that is a good way to make new friends. She lives in California so the plan may spread all over there also.
Do you have any thoughts of adopting this plan also??? I hope so. It sure is a sweet way to have a happy conscience.
Speaking of being happy I want to tell you about our "HAPPY PAPPY" today. When dinner time came he found himself surrounded by people who cared so much about his welfare that his smiles came often with his form of singing. He was also involved with flying with the angels and even talking with them. Peggy and I were there with him at first when they brought the sacrament to us. Then Wendy joined us and the loving talk went on - most of it was in "Angel language."
Peggy had to leave to make sure she would get to the 24th ward meetings. She needed to talk to them about some things for our Family Reunion.
One of the nurses who has been there for Wendell since he came to The Gables was on duty and came in to help him. She stayed for a while as Wendy and I chatted with her about our sweet Wendell. She mentioned how completely "Good" he is and her actions for him were tender and respectful. He returned the same to her in Angel Language and a smile. It gave Wendy and Me a happy feeling to go along with what we had heard Wendell say as he was talking to "someone." "???? Did you see Jesus?" "????? We will see about that." Were some of the words we could understand. Part of the time he was flying air planes. He was having quite a time today. Also, for a long time he has been reaching out his hand to get something and then want hand it to me or who ever was by him.
That's about it for today. We love you all and pray for you when we are together and alone. Much love, Grandpa and Grandma Christensen.
![]() |
| Grandpa and Peggy visit. |

Comments
Post a Comment