CHRISTMAS GIFTS OF LOVE

Gifts of love come in many ways.  On the first Christmas Eve we were given the greatest gift of all time.


Outside we give thanks to that greatest gift with the lighted manger scene that goes up every year.  This year Peggy and Bruce put it up along with the lights.  Inside on the piano all year round we remember the birth of our Savior with the Nativity scene we bought in Spain when we were on our mission there.   The Olive Wood carvings also came from Spain when we visited the place they were manufactured.  They were made by hand, not on a machine.  You can tell because they do not stand on a base like those made by placing the model in the middle slot of the duplicator machine and putting the pieces of olive wood in their places on each side of the model.  Then when the machine is turned on the cutting knives follow the pattern the pattern of the one in the middle.  These two scenes remain in place all year as a constant reminder of Him who gave his all that we could come to earth and learn of Him and love him so much that we are willing to give whatever He asks of us to prove ourselves worthy to enter His kingdom when we die and our spirits move on to the next life.

This year my heart and mind are more focused on this because my sweetheart, Wendell, took that last step into the hereafter last Monday, December 16th at about 8:30 am.  My heart is full of gratefulness for this blessing because he was suffering so much from the Alzheimer Disease.  My daily visits to him the last couple of months found him less and less able to communicate until his last few days he could not speak at all.  My prayers for him were that he would be able to go to Heavenly Father as soon as possible.  I am so grateful that He answered my prayers and I know that he is now happy in the care of Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ and already doing good work for them because some of our Family have felt his presence and so have I as I heard his voice in the temple Thursday telling me that I still have a work to do for Heavenly Father.

So my heart if filled with gratitude and joy and I hope I will do as The Lord leads me onward.  I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with all my heart and I pray every day for his counsel.  And I know that the Holy Ghost brings it to me. 

Thus it is with great joy that I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas filled with love for our Savior, Jesus Christ who made Christmas possible through his Holy Love. 
                              Tons of love, Rosalie (and Wendell)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS