OCTOBER 2020 - Lets get acquainted with some of Rosalie's best friends in High School Part 8

October 30, 2020
Dear Family,
      Here we are again to share some fun and spirital things that influenced my life for good.  First 
 lets get acquainted with my very best friends  who gradually found their way into my life or I found them.  As I look back at how it all happened I am amazed and so grateful that Heavenly Father was guiding our lives for good and helping us "row our row boat around just for fun."

You have already met Joan Elliott, who was my partner in building that big air plane.  Yes, she looks older in this picture and yes, she was two or three years younger in that air plane adventure.

Next to her is Pat Patten.  She moved into Provo just a little while before Jr. High school started and with a little bit of  encouragement became happy to do things with our fun group.  I think she looks like Al's wife, Shirley.  What do you think?

Jane Farr brought new ideas into our little bunch of "first year " Jr. High School girls with ideas like Soft Ball that she played in her home town in California.  

Colene is my "Home Towner."  Having lived in Provo all of her life and we have played many games of tennis together.  I will not mention who won the most of them.  You may ask her but don't expect an answer: that is our secret.





Donna Moon, Yes, that is her real name.   She and Carma are sisters.  They don't look anything alike, but Carma looks out for Donna in a sweet sisterly way.  They live on 5th West street where the under-ground tunnell goes to let people pass safely from the busy 5th west traffic.  We were still getting acquainted and having fun as we got together.  And that got to be very often.  So it didn't take very long to become very good friends.
















This is Carma Moon, Donna's older sister.  She was responsible for Donna and their home.  I didn't have much contact with her.  She was working every day which was a blessing to her and Donna.  However, when I did see her she was as kind as she appears in her picture.
Here are a few rare shots of Colene and I in the middle of  what looks like a Tennis match.  But it is really just pretend for the camera with my sister, Arlene, acting as the referee. 

This is me, Rosalie Swenson, about Jr. high school age.  I loved to go to school at the Dixon Jr. High School bcause my Daddy tought there and he had a good relationship with the students.  So I felt safe from all the teasing I had in grade school.  Now that isn't totally true, because I am the daughter of  a teacher and that puts grander expectations and more observations on me.  "Oh well, I can handle that...I thought...May be."  And it was true.  As the school year moved on we all grew to be closer friends - even with Carma.  And it was not because she made cookies for us, because she did.  She was simply kind and caring.



Our Physical Education teacher came from England to teach us.  She was a sweet good teacher who expected us to mind and behave like good sports as well as be respectful of each other and the game rules.  You can see by her dress that she taught by words rather than by example of physically showing  us how to do it.  But she had a way with her that we admired her a whole lot.  Now that I think about it, more of  us could get better response to our instructions if we followed her example.





This is my absolutely perfect wonderful parants in the whole world.  They never fight, or argue, never reveal secrets, ALLWAYS give big hugs to us kids and special friends, they loved to sing duets together during Family time & have us all sing together whether we are at home, driving in the car headed for a visit with someone , or eating ice cream that we just got for a treat from "Cook's Ice Cream" in Provo. Yes you might say singing together is our favorite thing to do.  And now that we are all grown up with our own families I can add we, their children, singing with the children in our own family and Mom and Dad singing with each other before and after they crossed the veil into eternal life.  In fact I can visualze Daddy leading that Heavenly Choir with Mother singing in itl   








I solumly swear that everything I have said in this blog is true to my knowledge.   I look forward to hearing from all of you.  Love to all & hugs to go with it. Your Mother, sister, Grandmother, Aunt or Friend.   Mary, Rosalie Swenson Christensen
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS