...and still smiling! Monday - March 15, 2021
This month we celebrate 11 family birthdays : Grandma Rosalie Christensen 90 years old - March 11, 1931, Kami Dupree - March 19, Frank Dupree - March 1, Cindy Barlow -March 8, Jason Mott - March 14. Quintin Pierce - March 8th. MayLynn Allen - March 8. Fin. Royer March 3, Mary Royer - March 28. Eli Mott - March 10 - Jacob Mott, March 21
My daughters asked their families to send one word that would describe Grandma Christensen for them. Peggy took the words and put them into "word art." This was the families gift to me for my 90th Birthday. We hung them up on the wall for us to see.
I--- Grandma, was amazed at this description of me. And after thinking about how I hope to become all those things, I decided that I can make you all a promise that, even if it takes forever I will not stop trying. Is that an OK deal with all of you? Please reply!
I love you all so much!!!! And I pray for you every day!!!
Love, Grandma Christensen.
Grandma Christensen ready and happy to go to Sacrament Meeting over at the Chapel now that the quarantine has been partially lifted. Peggy and Bruce are glad also and have received added callings because of the change. Peggy is now the new Activies-day leader with Bruce, for which she is well qualified.
We three met with the Bishopric after Sacrament meeting on Sunday for this to take place. Peggy and Bruce went right to work on their new calling as soon as we got home. I know that they will do a super good job. However lets keep them in our prayers.
 |
Rosalie is holding a picture of her mother, Vida Fugal Swenson This picture of Vida was taken when she was in her 80's She passed away when she was 2 &1/2 months shy of 90 years old when she passed away.
|
The picture that Rosalie is holding is her favorite one of her mom, who Rosalie thinks they look a lot alike. What do you think? The biggest difference really is that her mother, Grandma Swenson, is already wearing a Halo. What do you think about that?
Knowing my mother very well I have no doubt that she has earned a halo, so that must be what she now wears at all times. I guess that if she is wearing it we will see it also. And I must say that I think it makes her even more beautiful.
Also I have another reason to know that...about three months after we left for our first mission to Spain, Wendell and I were in the mountains for a three day camp out with the girls from our ward. It was the last day to be there and we always had a testimony meeting just before going home on that day. We were gathered close to the river that ran past the spot we had chosen & could hear the water flowing gently over the rocks in the river below us. Suddenly a gentle voice said to me, "Your Mother is with your Father." I turned to see who had spoken to me. I could see no one close enough for me to hear. My heart was now beating faster. I turned to Wendell and asked him if he had heard the voice. "No." was his reply. "We must leave quickly and drive to the nearest town to call your sister." he said to me.
SOON WE WERE ON OUR WAY and talking to my sister, Arlene, on the phone. She shared with us that my mother had passed away just one half hour before she came to me in the mountains. Now I knew for sure that it was my mother was letting me know that she had returned to her "Heavenly Home."
Now who are we looking at? If you said, Mary, you are right. For those who do not know already She served a mission to the Birmingham Alabama Mission. That is close to where Wendell and I went when he was called to Military duty.
We had many adventures there including living in a four story Mansion when Cindy was born. I needed a baby buggy to take her for walks, etc. So I walked over to our Landlady's mansion to ask her if she had one we could borrow. She wasn't home, but her servant, a sweet colored lady, said, I will bring you one tomorrow. And she did.
Back to Mary- she is working hard to do well in this new environment for her. After all college is far different from a mission, or is it? Still lots of memorizing, etc. She has shared with us that study for College somehow feels different. I think all of us who have graduated from a College can identify with that. But I will tell you all teachers are not the same in college. I was taking two classes that the final exam was scheduled on the same day at the same time. I had to either choose which one to take or go to both but have to be late for one. I chose to be late for the art class - mostly because he was usually late with everything. So that is what I did. When I got to the class room it was almost empty of students. "oh good, I thought, There is still time for me to take the test." However the teacher wouldn't let me take the test because I was late. And to make it worse he gave me a "No Credit" grade. I was devastated. I had worked harder for his class than any of my others and had given me good marks. I thought and thought on why he was being "out of line" with me. And the only reason I could think of was that I was a Mormon girl who had not agreed with some of the things he taught. So I just let it go. And I am glad I did, because I had a clear conscience.
I hope this little true story helps someone of you make hard decisions.
Grandma and Owen are playing, Shut The Box. He wasn't too excited about it, but he was a good sport.
This was a favorite game for Grandpa Wendell and Grandma Rosalie. We even played it until a couple of months before he stopped being able to understand how to do it. That frustrated him to no end so we put it away.
Maybe, Owen, you were feeling the same way as Grandpa Wendell did when I corrected him, because now I see something else in your hands that I thought you were just playing with. But instead it is your score keeper for our game. So I am so sorry. Can you forgive this silly Grandma? And he laughed a happy "Yes."
Now I see Bruce having laughing fun with River on the floor.. My question is, "Who is pinning who? I guess it doesn't matter as long as they are laughing. Bryce and Peggy are definitely happy enjoying the professional messaging treatment from his "Mother in law's" foot rub.
Owen, Jennie, Maylynn, and Willow are totally happy watching Bruce and River's show on the floor.
Maylynn is looking so grown up in the necklace with the small doll on her necklace just like the big one in her hand. The big doll, Wendy gave me from Wales, opens up to store the necklace in. I, Grandma Rosalie, gave her for this treasure for her 9th birthday.
The small doll on her necklace fits in the little bigger doll's skirt.
Maylynn came to give me a hug to thank me for her gift. I totally loved getting the hug and giving her the gift as well because I know she will take care of it as well as I would.
This is Bruce's latest gift to the family called a giant trampoline. Sitting on the gift are 4 darling grandchildren, top to bottom: Willow, Owen, River, and Maylynn.
Willow's expression tells us she wants to but is afraid to or she doesn't want to or "maybe I'll sit down." or "come on Grandpa help Me."-
OR
"Watch out Grandpa here I come."
What a day what a day what a wonderful day.
We like to laugh and we like to play,
Cause we love each other and tears run away,
When we are together on a magical day.
BIRTHDAY CARDS AND GIFTS
These came through the mail to me, what a big surprise!
These came from Benny, Kayla, Max and Dash Royer. It looks like they had fun making them, Max is a talented artist at 5 years old.
I received this little bowl from Debbie.
No truer words were ever spoken.
All of us who are daughters can verify this!
This is a very precious old picture of My mother Grandmother Swenson, then her Mother Grandmother Fugal, Then me, Rosalie Christensen. In front of us are Wendy, Debbie, Cindy , Julie and Peggy Christensen children
I received this Amaryllis bulb from Cindy. It says it will grow without me watering it, that is good because I forget to water sometimes.
Amaryllis is a flower that grow from a bulb on one stem and has 3 to 4 large flowers when it blooms. I'll show you a picture of it then.
These are pictures that Julie sent me of the day I made the trip up to the mountain for the naming of Easter Falls.(2 pictures on the far left.)
The top picture is of all my daughter's and me.
Cindy, Wendy, Debbie, Julie, Peggy and me.
The middle one is me at Christmas time, I was staying with Julie and Monte over Christmas and she took some pictures of me by their Christmas tree.
The bottom left is a picture of Julie and me when we went on a drive up to see on Mount Timpanogos and the lake by it. There were many cars parked up there beside ours because it was a viewing point of Mount Timpanogos, Timpanogos is the mountain farther away with snow on it in the picture, not the green one close up. In order to get to it you must drive on around and around and up and up.
The last picture is a project that Julie taught me how to make when I was staying at her house. I made the roses and both Julie and I love the Proverbs Quote so that is what we choose to put on it. if fact it is the quote that she put on the plaque she gave me that hangs in the living-room by the front door. The quote is much longer and very tiny letters compose the first few lines that circle the outer edge of the picture, then the rest of poem covers the big page. It is so beautiful.
The following didn't come in the mail.
This is a Christensen Family Directory that Peggy made for me.
It has all the names and addresses of our families in it along with the pictures of the families.
Beautiful Flowers From Mark, Kami & Family. And they are still gorgeous!!!
The card is a word cloud that Emily made for me using all the words that were sent to me on my word wall. She also made me 2 bookmarks to go along with it.
HURRAH, I made to 90.
Life is still good and I'll work on carrying on, so lets all give 3 cheers. hooray, Hooray HOORAY!!!!!
Love Grandma Christensen and Peggy and Bruce
Comments
Post a Comment