FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER


PEACH DAYS FOR GRANDMA

"Peaches, peaches, here come the peaches. Usually they are great and small; but this year look over all, and you will see just only small!"

Here is Grandma showing how big the peaches are this year. They are closer to the size of a plum.



This tray shows our whole harvest this year. That is pretty sparse, that is clear. But don't you fret or don't you frown, they taste the same when going down.


Here in these seven bags we see, 

The total of our labors, 

Which have been bagged and frozen, 

To best preserve the flavors.

Aren't they gorgeous?






The truth is this:

That those two gals,

Have been the happiest of 

Peach Day Pals.

And they will tell you truthfully

That with these fruits, we will live youthfully.




Eli and Great Grandma "Rosie." Which represents the Redheads in the family; even though Grandma's is no longer red.  So we still claim the "Redhead" status.

Here is Chanelle and her "Mott-lee Crew"
with Great Grandma Christensen = three generations of super awesome humans.
From left to right: 
Isaac, Chanelle & Jonas, 
Jacob, Grandma, Eli,
Great Grandma and all the kids are very happy to see each other.  See the smiles all around!
Eli with his two Grandmas show that "There is beauty all around when there is love at home."
Isaac is learning to  play the piano. And he is coming along REALLY WELL!  If he continues to practice every day he will be far better than me.  I have a story of recommendation for Isaac:

When I was taking piano lessons and was doing quite well my teacher decided to have a Piano Recital for all of her students.  My turn came & I started out pretty well, then, for some reason I couldn't find my next notes.  I was so embarrassed that I got down from the piano stool, ran from the room and no amount of asking from my teacher would bring me back.  I stopped going to my piano lessons and whatever I learned from then on was on my own, and that was not enough to play well.

I did love to sing, however, and sang in the choruses at school, our Ward Choir and later on with our Stake Choir, which was a 40 year experience that influenced my life in such a beautiful way that I will always be grateful for all those who led us on & on.   



I did learn to play the Marimba very well so that I was invited to play at several different places.  I loved to do that and sometimes getting my Marimba from my living room on to the truck and then to where the program was held was a real trick.  Once it slipped off the truck and did some damage scratches on the Keys.  I cried over that.   
In my later years I was unable to play.  So, of course, my skills suffered lots.  So now I am trying to relearn some of my pieces I once knew well. 

This is a precious signature on a note to me from Jacob, Jonas, Eli & Isaac, Chanelle and her Mom, Cindy.  They were so excited to give it to me and I was so excited to receive it.  What a great memory!! 




My oh my, who have we here? I understand it's a Pizza Party.  Lets see, way in the back are Wendy and Chanelle, Jacob & Isaac in red & Jonas & Eli in the green. 










These are Grandma Rosalie's dolls which some are from my daughters generation.  You older children may actually recognize them as ones you played with when you visited us.

















The Picture lighted up is one I painted after seeing this beautiful building near the highway driving by one day .  I was so impressed that we stopped and took a picture of it to go by to paint it. 

 










PLAY TIME FOR CINDY IN HER OLD PLAY AREA  AND WITH HER OLD TOYS.


Yes she still insisted on having the drawers in perfect order.  Just like when she was little.  And by the way, no one could do it as well as she could, so she always did that part of play time.  See how happy it makes her - even now!












Here is a CLOSE UP of the rooms in the Doll House as they were in those days when Cindy found her favorite playthings downstairs.  She could arrange them any way she wanted to.  And that was a GREAT BIG TREAT FOR HER MEMORIES.









After Cindy cleaned all the doll clothes and furniture, she let "Betsy-Wetsy" have a nice nap."  And since she had worked so hard she had one too.














                                               Cindy loves to vacuum the carpet downstairs.  See how she smiles and is dancing with the vacuum cleaner?                     




The girls had a few dolls that could be given a bath to keep them clean and smelling good.  They even said it made them look better when they got dressed.

The pink toy box was made by my dad, Great Great Grandpa Swenson, for me when I was little. 





Grandma Rosalie loves the doll house that she and Grandpa Christensen made for their 5 daughters.
Here is how it happened: After it had gotten too big for Grandpas work room they tried to move it downstairs.  However the stairwell was too narrow.  So they asked their neighbor, who had a big outdoor entrance to their downstairs, if they could bring it to that entrance and finish it in their basement. 
Their answer was, Yes we will be glad to.  So that plan worked pretty good.  The only problem was that we still had to bring it  up in two pieces = top and bottom drawers.

We all laughed and were grateful when all was said and done.

This was our biggest Christmas surprise for the girls. I upholstered all the furniture, even weaving a rug for the living room and Grandpa Chris build them. We had a miniature kitchen set with running water and turkey rotisserie. This doll house gave many, many hours of play to our girls and then in later years to some of the young girls in our neighborhood. Of course, our Grandkids still love to come to Grandma's house and play here.

Cindy made up this song for Isaac when he was very little about coming to my house:

    "I love to go to Grandma's house, to Grandpa's house, to Grandma's house, I love to go to Grandma's house, yes I do."

    "I love to play at Grandma's house, at Grandpa's house, at Grandma's house, I love to play at Grandma's house, cars red, yellow, and blue. Achew!"


Cindy likes to chat with her wonderful Dad (your Grandpa) as she shares her memories of their good times together.  Sometimes she lets him in on the secrets Grandma's Bears tell her...Like..."Grandma loves Grandpa more than anything or anyone." (That is true)

We decided to name the BYU bear "Wendell" and the little pig "Pinky LuLu." Cindy likes to arrange them for me before I go to bed. I always get a big kick out of it.






Grandma Rosalie talks to her sweet friends that love each other and have fun telling stories that make them happy.
Sometimes she can see Wendell's lips moving. Last week she had lost her glasses and was looking all morning for them. When she looked at Grandpa's picture, he said "Rosie, they are on the dresser right there!" And so they were. 



This is the Brigham City temple in the evening.  Peggy and I have gone there many times to feel the spirit and see the lights that show there is temple work going on at that time.  That brings to me such sweet feelings of knowing that soon more of us will be able to go there again. It is also wonderful to speak with some of  the patrons that come out of the temple from a session.

This is a picture of a Sunset.  To find a spot to take a picture  you have to hunt for a place to see it by driving a long way.


We love you all and pray for you every day and night.  Just remember, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to thine own  understanding; in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path."  Proverbs 3:5
Tons of love,  Grandma/Great Grandma & Cindy 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN CHRISTMAS BROUGHT MY BELOVED MARIMBAPHONE TO ME.

Sunday letter blog

BLESSED WITH HAPPY ENDINGS