Halloween, Fall Flowers and Easter Falls
Remember how we used to celebrate Halloween with children coming to our house for "Trick or Treat"? After we added the garage to our house we had the "trick or tr-eaters" enter the Witches Kitchen through the garage. The witch would tell them a VERY SCARY STORY as she stirred her brew. Then she would offer them a little glass of the "brew". Some of them accepted the little cup and some did not want to taste it. When she could see they were feeling scared she would ask them if they would like to learn the magic words that would reveal to them how to GET OUT OF my witches kitchen. A loud "YES" was their reply. I said, "Then repeat after me these words." I would slowly repeat the phrase, "Reebble, Raeble, Rousal, Rant!!!" And they would repeat it after me, one word at a time. Slowly the south garage door would open and as soon as it got high enough for them to run out, they were gone; but not before one of my helpers handed them a treat as they ran out the door.
To this day I have those children, now grown up mothers, stop me in the grocery store or other place down town and tell me how they loved Halloween when they were kids. I think that is a great reward for me!
We drove around town to enjoy the Halloween decorations. These are some of the most interesting ones. That very tall spook could scare anyone if they weren't hiding in their car.
What a big scary face warns everyone "not to mess with this house." Those others in the shadows seem more welcoming. What do you think?
Now there is the biggest, tallest pumpkin I have ever ever seen. He looks so happy that I wonder what he is "up" to. Maybe it is his job to sing to everyone who drives by. Do you also think he looks like he is singing?
Fall Flowers are so beautiful that I delight to take pictures of them and also bring some of them in the house to brighten things up. Here are a few of the pictures that I have taken.










Comments
Post a Comment